Sad....sad story of a guitar

• Thread starter Adonai678
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adonai678

Drink Teh Milk!
Reaction score
Well i was a maaaaaaaajor John Petrucci fan and i was looking for his custom guitar and there it was a OLP john petrucci custom i was screaming with joy.
But the next week it was:noplease: gone!Im serious i cried. I couldnt worship my guitar god anymore. It was to painful to think about that guitar. Still to this day i remember playing it at a guitar center and i was ........Bottled.
(sighs)

yeah so if you have a sad guitar story post it up here

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've seen two different guys play SG's and see the headstock snap off. Yikes. I once had a Polaris V that I dropped and the neck completely snapped. Heartbreak.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
They discontinued the Petrucci OLP. I'll sell you this one. I got bad Agile Intrepid gas going right now.

014-6.jpg

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
They discontinued the Petrucci OLP. I'll sell you this one. I got bad Agile Intrepid gas going right now.

014-6.jpg

How much would you let that go for?

I've been looking around for one of these but, I dont have a lot of cash. Just seeing what youd sell it for

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
There was an ESP Standard series F7 in a music shop nearby for only 2199NZD...

came back a few days later and it was gone...

emguitars

Reaction score
When I was but a lad (a long time ago!) there was an Ovation Deacon in a store in town, and it hung there forever. I wanted it so bad I sold my drums to come up with the cash, only to find it gone when I got there. To this day I still want one. Having learned to build guitars, I'll probably just make one someday! In the meantime I'll have to be content with this.
9string.jpg

or this
Dscf0005.jpg

or this
DSCF1737.jpg

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
How much would you let that go for?

I've been looking around for one of these but, I dont have a lot of cash. Just seeing what youd sell it for

Not really sure, wasn't being too serious. I would probably let it go though, to start funding an Intrepid. I would probably want about $350. I had discounts and coupons from MF and Music 123 so I got all the parts and everything together for a little more than $400 which was about $150 less than what it should have cost. Then I have quite a bit of work in it installing pickups, new wiring, pots, jack, tuners, nut, etc. as well as cleaning up and filing the fret ends.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
i once gave one of the LTD explorer 300 cheapo entrey guitars to a mate to borrow for a gig 3 years ago
havnt seen it since
some mate
as it turns out it was S-J whiteleys brother Neil
and she happens to be going out with bring me the horizonz "singer" oli sykes

dicks
apart from S-J, shes actaully really cool. shame about the croud she hangs with

Ramsay777

Is an A7X fan
Reaction score
Damn that sucks Tim :( Deck 'im. Even better if it's with the guitar he pinched!

[Off-topic] S-J Whiteley is hella tidy though :agreed: [/Off topic]

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn that sucks Tim :( Deck 'im. Even better if it's with the guitar he pinched!

[Off-topic] S-J Whiteley is hella tidy though :agreed: [/Off topic]

ya tis a bit shit
thing is i havnt really seen Neil since the gig
iv bumped in to S-J a few times but shes all famous n shit now so very rarly see her

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
When I got my EBMM Petrucci 7, Mystic Dream fully loaded from the Ernie Ball factory, there was a big crack in the paint on the back at the piezo switch back plate, and another "something" underneath the clear coat on the front. I was way bummed, but they replaced the body for free, so, props to them. Sold the guitar two weeks after I got it back. :lol:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
I had one of those OLP Petrucci models. Not bad. But I sold mine at a yardsale to some pastor fellow. I guess he was gonna shred some tunes for Mr. Jesus. :shred:

Sad stories ... umm, I sold my RG1527 to fund my Hellraiser, and then after selling it I found out I had enough money without doing so to buy the Hellraiser.

Latest posts

')