Salvation Audio Preamp Modules

• Thread starter Kubs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
What do you think about modular preamps from Salvation ? I realy dig the idea, but wanted to hear other toughts before getting module dock and stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Links please. Is this for guitar or production purposes?
They were for the Randall MTS series, back when they were popular. The stock modules were mid to good. But you had guys like Salvation and Jaded Faith who would fix them up to be more accurate, rebuild them to sound like other amps like Mesa Marks, Diezel, Orange, and other stuff that weren't available from Randall, and also make them 2-channel deals.

Nowadays I don't think they're as popular due to the MTS line being discontinued and the fact the Synergy models are really good. Although if you're anal about wanting a very specific sound that even Synergy doesn't offer they seem like a good company to deal with. I know they were doing mods for some big-name people like Billy Corgan for awhile.

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
They were for the Randall MTS series, back when they were popular. The stock modules were mid to good. But you had guys like Salvation and Jaded Faith who would fix them up to be more accurate, rebuild them to sound like other amps like Mesa Marks, Diezel, Orange, and other stuff that weren't available from Randall, and also make them 2-channel deals.

Nowadays I don't think they're as popular due to the MTS line being discontinued and the fact the Synergy models are really good. Although if you're anal about wanting a very specific sound that even Synergy doesn't offer they seem like a good company to deal with. I know they were doing mods for some big-name people like Billy Corgan for awhile.
Thank you! I feel like the whole Module idea seem super nice, easy to use, all in one place etc. Will have to check it out :) !

Reaction score

I obviously don't know about every brand out there, so I thought it could be modular preamps for something else in the production process.

Synergy stuff is nice and I believe it to be retro compatible, meaning old modules from Randall and Egnater (? who pioneered this concept ?) will work on their preamp bays... the Salvation folks say it as well...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I obviously don't know about every brand out there, so I thought it could be modular preamps for something else in the production process.

Synergy stuff is nice and I believe it to be retro compatible, meaning old modules from Randall and Bogner (? who pioneered this concept ?) will work on their preamp bays...
Egnater. It was his tech and Egnater did their own modules. The Egnater MOD series was apparently as good as the Synergy stuff but is a lot harder to find because they were custom made iirc, or just made in smaller batches. Ty Tabor of King's X was a known user of the Egnater MOD stuff and even had custom modules made to cop that old early King's X tone when he was still using the Lab amps.

Also I believe the systems are forwards compatible as well. I THINK you can use Synergy modules with Egnater's MOD systems and even Randall MTS systems. But with the Randall MTS you cant do channel switching on the modules, so if you want to use the 2 channels on each models you either have to switch channels using the control panel or get your MTS amp modded for channel switching

I also believe the Salvation modules were 2 channels? I don't recall lol