Sambora leaves Bon Jovi Completely

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Employee No. 1 has left the building...

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Although I wish Sambora luck on his next venture, I am pretty interested in whether or not they hire a new band member or just use a session guy(s) from here on out...

With the amount of money this band generates on tour, they could attract huge names to audition for the spot. Still, I don't see anyone becoming a true band member at this point in Bon Jovi's career.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh.

I've got a soft spot for Bon Jovi (nostalgia) and specifically Bon Jovi with Sambora but they're just like any other act that size/age... they haven't contributed anything of significance to the music industry in 20+ years and all they do is play the same few dozen songs to arena at inflated prices every summer. "Who's in the band" doesn't really effect the creativity they've already lacked for a long time. It's certainly the end of an era but I guess I don't personally think it diminishes the band's credibility anymore than it's already been diminished. :2c:

Does this mean we'll get to see more Phil X? :D

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Not surprised he left. My wife is a Bon Jovi fan (frankly I can't stand them) and she was gutted that Sambora was not playing with them when she saw them live earlier this year. JBJ has tried his best for years to make himself a solo artist with a backing band, with Sambora out of the picture he has pretty much achieved his vision.

knagy0325

Reaction score
I liked them 10+ years ago, imo they couldn`t produce good albums with Ritchie lately so probably they won`t be worse without him. Though I liked his style.
Maybe a new member could reignite the fire?

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
They'll have to hire someone more than a session guitarist. Sambora contributed a good chunk of (IMO better) vocals to the albums throughout the career.

')