Sambora leaves Bon Jovi Tour

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
There is probably a lot of truth to that... But Sambora's guitar work and vocals are pretty important to the overall sound.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
BJ have been a pretty bland live act the last 10 years, very choreographed and no spontaneity. But I did get tickets for this tour, because me and a few of my best friends are die-hard fans and it's always a blast going to see a band you're all fans of.

However, if Richie won't be there I'll sell the tickets. The ticket price is way too steep for them to skimp out on Richie. He's a beast of a musician and one of my earliest inspirations.

It sucks that they're so vague about when he'll be back, but obviously it could be hard for them to say. However, if they did know they'd still benefit from keeping it a secret, as people are less likely to ask for refunds if they think there's a chance Richie will be playing, even though he himself knows he won't.

Meh.

Reaction score
OH NO,,, it's not like they can't go get the most expensive and talented studio guns on the planet to play live, whatever will they do.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Alec John Such wasn't sorely missed

Not exactly the same thing... He was fired in 94 and hadn't played on any albums since 1986. No one really associates him that closely with the band because his contributions have been few and very far between. Hugh McDonald has probably played more on more recordings and live dates than Such ever did. The band opted to not add him as an official member of the band (probably because they didn't want to split the money up).

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with this. The wife & I have tickets for the show this upcoming Sunday. I honestly wanted to see both Jon and Richie, mostly for the nostalgia element (liked the band a lot in the late 80's). I honestly haven't paid attention to them in the past 10+ years so don't know any recent songs. This was mostly 'cause my wife wanted to see them, but like I said, at one time I liked them so what the heck.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I don't think it is going to sit well with many people that already have tickets. Sambora is a huge voice in this band. There are a lot of guitar players out there that cut their teeth to his riffs and solos. Its a shame, but I am not sure what the band can do - other than cancel the whole thing. That would also cause another major disappointment. Its a rock and a hard place.

Reaction score
I don't know how this band still has fans with the lifeless and near rock country material theyve been putting out for who knows how long. They havent made a good record since the mid 90s. Their live performances are robotic, dulled and tuned down to the point that all the feel of the old stuff has been near stripped out. All this fiasco is doing is falling for another rock stars ploy to further inflate his ego. If BJ had cancelled the shows, it would have been just what Sambora wanted.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
For someone that has so little respect for Bon Jovi and their fans, you do seem to be hanging around this thread a lot. Although it should be noted, that you have no idea what you are talking about. Bon Jovi is one of the top touring acts in the world. They released one pseudo-country album back in 2007, but their two most recent albums (and all the others) are hard rock. Of course they tune down... Jon is not 25 anymore. Get over it. Haha. :lol:

Reaction score
Bruce Dickinson does fine in E and he's older than JBJ so do others... just saying. No need to get all pissy. I actually was a pretty big fan of the band's early to mid era material. My point here is just that, band's can't stop doing business because one of the members decides he doesn't want to do it. Does it suck, yes it does but Bon Jovi is a business and the show must go on.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Pissy? Look at what you wrote...

"lifeless"
"robotic"
"dulled"
"rock stars ploy"
"inflate his ego"

Never mind the fact that you also edited the section about his true fans left him a decade ago (that must mean you) and that everyone that sees them now must be mindless sheep.

Comparing him to Bruce is apples and oranges...

Reaction score
Sorry man, Ive seen em live, Ive seen plenty of live footage and that's how I see it. As for the rockstar ploy for attention, well I suppose the reasoning of it all is up for debate so maybe that was unfair, he could have just been worn out, it happens. But once again, the show must go on. I'm not going to argue with a super fan.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
... and rocked them all! :hbang:

2011: Bon Jovi Live
  • $142,977,988 Gross
  • 1,519,598 Attendance
2010: Circle Tour
  • $201,000,000 Gross
  • 1,909,234 Attendance
2007: Lost Highway Tour
  • $210,650,974 Gross