Samick KR-660

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I've made a video review of my Samick KR-660 six-string electric guitar, since I couldn't find another on the Internet.
I bought it for around 100,00 $ back in 1998 at a local guitar shop, it was a second (maybe fifth) hand guitar.
Is there anybody out there that has ever played one? It really seems I'm the only one on Earth that knows this model :).
Hope you'll like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Wow...nice guitar and good review! I actually own a Samick guitar in black that has only 1 pick up (bridge position) and I got it for real cheap at the pawn shop. I don't know what model it is but it's somewhat Strat shaped.

;>)/

zappatton2

Reaction score
My first guitar was a Samick, ended up getting stolen within the first year so I don't remember it well (plus I knew nothing about guitars at the time). I don't remember it sounding terribly powerful, but it may have been all single coils. Hadn't heard or seen much of anything from them since (this was in '91). Mine was red and strat shaped as well.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats great looking guitar!

I have a bunch of Samick TV20 Blues Saraceno guitars... what an underrated brand! :)

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Wow...nice guitar and good review! I actually own a Samick guitar in black that has only 1 pick up (bridge position) and I got it for real cheap at the pawn shop. I don't know what model it is but it's somewhat Strat shaped.
;>)/
Thank you so much! I'll be publishing more guitar reviews in the next days, so keep an eye on my channel if you want :). have you a picture of your Samick? You could find more details here: http://samick.wikia.com/wiki/Samick

My first guitar was a Samick, ended up getting stolen within the first year so I don't remember it well (plus I knew nothing about guitars at the time). I don't remember it sounding terribly powerful, but it may have been all single coils. Hadn't heard or seen much of anything from them since (this was in '91). Mine was red and strat shaped as well.
Oh that's very sad! I hate guitars stealers! Shame on them! Yeah they don't sound that extremely good, but you gotta love their tone!

Congrats great looking guitar!
I have a bunch of Samick TV20 Blues Saraceno guitars... what an underrated brand! :)
Thank you so much! I can't seem to understand which model is the TV20. Do you have any clips or videoclips of you playing it?

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I'll be publishing more guitar reviews in the next days, so keep an eye on my channel if you want :). have you a picture of your Samick? You could find more details here: http://samick.wikia.com/wiki/Samick

Oh that's very sad! I hate guitars stealers! Shame on them! Yeah they don't sound that extremely good, but you gotta love their tone!

Thank you so much! I can't seem to understand which model is the TV20. Do you have any clips or videoclips of you playing it?

My Samick is apart and packed away somewhere. I hope one day to spruce it up a bit and give it a second life. The stock humbucker sounds real good and doesn't have the adjustable pole pieces like on a regular hum...both coils have slug pole pieces. Thanks for the link because it would be interesting to see what model it is. I know that it's made in Korea.

;>)/

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Great! Let us all know, if you know somethin' new :)

Right on...but that guitar in your video looks like a high end Samick. BTW...I heard a long time ago that Samick is actually the world's largest manufacturers of musical instruments. I remember seeing a Samick grand piano in church before when I used to go there. It sounded it looked great.;)

;>)/

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
I think I owned a green version of that guitar years ago. The bridge was a bit tired after years of usage (I got it used) and the neck pickup was dead, but otherwise it was a solid guitar. Good sounding acoustically and the neck was solid. Sold it because it was a bit too 80's for my tastes.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Great! Let us all know, if you know somethin' new :)

I found an old picture of my Samick guitar and here it is. Hopefully you know what model it is...I really like the neck on this axe and it would be a great guitar once I put it all back together.

attachment.php

;>)/

BlackSG91

Reaction score
That's a really nice axe. Are you going to customize it?

Hopefully...the stock pick up I'm using in another guitar but I hope to use a special pick up in the bridge position. I really like this guitar and I hope to make something of it someday. It's definitely a keeper in my books.

;>)/