Santiago Dobles: 'Shut Up and Play'

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Watched this yesterday after doing a direct download from CFH...

Great video, although it suffers a little from the home studio sound (to be fair this is a problem on most CFH recordings), but the info on it is excellent. There's some really useful advice about phrasing and breaking up scales with the legato technique. The really nice thing about it is that the whole thing's based more on concepts that you can apply to your own music, rather than just demonstrating a bunch of scary licks. There's a pretty detailed explanation about how to practice the ideas he demonstrates to develop a good sense of phrasing over chord changes.

Conclusion; it's not for beginners, as you really have to have your scales and modes totally down, and have a fairly well-developed technique (particularly in the legato department) to get the most out of it, but overall it's one of the most genuinely useful videos CFH have put out so far. Highly recommended.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks dude!

I have some more videos I am working on for CFH. One will be more a beginner chop builder and knowledge builder, and the other is more concepts and licks.

Take care

Santiago

Wiz

Reaction score
thanks dude!

I have some more videos I am working on for CFH. One will be more a beginner chop builder and knowledge builder, and the other is more concepts and licks.

Take care

Santiago

You have a customer here already waiting ;) Btw any news on the Aghora tabs/licks dvd you mentioned some time ago?

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
My Fretboard Visualisation is mediocre and knowledge of scales/modes aint too good either and technique could use some work,

should i not get this instructional?

Reccomendations?

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
I am sure you will learn something.

There is something for everyone on there. And worse case scenario you learn the Tabs.

Peace

Santiago

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
so say i look at an excersise, shouldi do it by hearing and sight and while pickin it out be looking at what scale degree its in ?

also DR and Santiago himself does this explain alot of scale/mode theory or am i just told say "its in B lydian and heres the piece" ive been lookin into santiago's material alot lately to improve chops/general musicality

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
I explain a lot on that Video. Regardless of level anyone could benifit from it. Next Vid will have more explanations aswell. I didn't make a "Chop" vid. its more like Concepts that anyone can take and make their own.

If you ever have questions you can certainly email me or PM ME HERE.
PEACE

Santi

dorfmeister

Reaction score
thanks dude!

Take care

Santiago

Are these still in the works? Do you teach any applications of yoga/chi kung/energy work as it might apply to guitar playing?

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
Wow....a 2 year bump..... memories :3

')