Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

• Thread starter savabich2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

savabich2

Reaction score

YES!! It's finally going to happen. There's going to be some kind of all star line-up bringing back all former members from what I've heard, a live DVD- the works.

Unfortunately it's going to be the last bang for the guys according to Oliva who is content with his new band and the label/ management's refusal to return to Savatage in light of all of TSO's success.

Does anyone have a link to the interview John did on this, I read it once and can't find it anywhere.

He said something about out of respect to the fans he wasn't calling his new band Savatage.

How about respect to his BAND that he not call JOP Savatage?

That sounds like... well it sounds like KISS putting make-up on other dudes and still going out there.

Messed up if you ask me but I am still out of my mnd excited at the prospect of getting to see Savatage one last time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
OMG, this sounds great! Probably for the best to lay Savatage to rest, as general consensus seems to be that they never really recovered from the loss of Criss Oliva. Sounds like it will be a hell of a send off...although I doubt they'll bring it to the UK, so I won't get to see it...:(

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
OMG, this sounds great! Probably for the best to lay Savatage to rest, as general consensus seems to be that they never really recovered from the loss of Criss Oliva. Sounds like it will be a hell of a send off...although I doubt they'll bring it to the UK, so I won't get to see it...:(

while you're definitely right, at least commercially, I still think The Wake of Magellan and Dead Winter Dead fucking own. Edge of Thorns & Gutter Ballet are my favorite Criss-era Savatage albums.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
savabich2 said:
Messed up if you ask me but I am still out of my mnd excited at the prospect of getting to see Savatage one last time.

Hell - Freaking - Yeah I'm excited about it as well. I really, really hope Zakk is a part of it. I think his voice fits 'Tage a LOT better than Oliva's does. I love the older stuff, but the stuff with him will always be my favorite.

I think only Pitrelli ever came close to really nailing Criss's vibe. I liked the stuff with Skolnick, but he sounded like Skolnick playing with Savatage, not Savatage the band.

Great stuff either way. :yesway:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
while you're definitely right, at least commercially, I still think The Wake of Magellan and Dead Winter Dead fucking own. Edge of Thorns & Gutter Ballet are my favorite Criss-era Savatage albums.

TWOM is one of my favorite albums of all time. Absolutely brilliant.

Handful of Rain has it's moments too. The opening riff in HOR is so damn bluesy-cool.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chance, Symmetry and Alone You Breathe are some of my favourite Savatage tracks...Alex Skolnick plays like an angel on that album...

nienturi

Reaction score
It is really good news... I've always been a part of sava legion :D It will be great, if whole former members, but one unfortunately, you know :( , get together and play some sava stuff...

Actually, most beloved sava album of me is STREETS. It is a legend imho :) And i like whole stuff but first 3 album. I dont like raw metal of sava too much, actually. But after Paul O'Neill, they are great fully.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I believe it was Vince that said they do that insane vocal-harmony on Chance live, and they pull it off. (Father can you hear me this is not how it was meant to beeee)

I'd KILL to see that.

nienturi

Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
Chance, Symmetry and Alone You Breathe are some of my favourite Savatage tracks...Alex Skolnick plays like an angel on that album...
Absolutely indeed :)

Alex rocks :shred:

savabich2

Reaction score
I saw this band at the Savatage Convention pull off a cover of Chance it was unbelievable!!

Did anyone catch the shjow in NJ several years back?

It's where they picked up Dave Z for TSO!!

I';m also a HUGE Caffery fan, love his solo stuff.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
:agreed: My favorites as well, Vince. The first Savatage albums I ever heard and got into.:hbang:

savabich2

Reaction score
I saw a band at the Savatage oconvention in '99 pull of Chance note perfect, amazing!!

That's when they got Dave Z for TSO>

savabich2

Reaction score
Anyone else see the convention? That ws a while back for some of you youngsters, lol.

savabich2

Reaction score
I'm telling you, I saw a local band from Brooklyn playing "Chance" at the Savacon in '99. It was flawless. Then again i also saw them do DT's "Metropolis, so Chance was probably a walk in the park for those guys!

savakitty

Reaction score

YES!! It's finally going to happen. There's going to be some kind of all star line-up bringing back all former members from what I've heard, a live DVD- the works.

Unfortunately it's going to be the last bang for the guys according to Oliva who is content with his new band and the label/ management's refusal to return to Savatage in light of all of TSO's success.

Does anyone have a link to the interview John did on this, I read it once and can't find it anywhere.

He said something about out of respect to the fans he wasn't calling his new band Savatage.

How about respect to his BAND that he not call JOP Savatage?

That sounds like... well it sounds like KISS putting make-up on other dudes and still going out there.

Latest posts

')