Saw a guitar in my dream last night...does it exist?

• Thread starter unclejemima218
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

unclejemima218

190 Proof
Reaction score
Okay fellas. I had a dream last night in which, for some reason, I was wandering through some old lady's yard in order to get where I needed to go (who the hell knows where that was) and I noticed an all black strat/charvel san dimas style guitar on the ground and began to play it. I don't really like strats much but all of a sudden, after last night,I must have one. I remember playing it and it being the best ....ing thing I ever laid hands on lol.
It was ALL black, body and headstock, rosewood or ebony board, and HSS EMG 81-SA-SA pickups.
Anyone know if a guitar like this exists?

Has anyone ever had any weird or inspiring guitar related dreams? do tell!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
Sounds like a Warmoth to me!

That sounds pretty easy to do as a partscaster too. Any black Strat body, neck with a rosewood board, paint the headstock, black HSS pickguard, set of EMGs.

The Jackson PC1 Ebony is pretty close too.

Fender has an HSS black Strat that would only take a bit of modding (more if you wanted the black out the hardware too) for a small fraction of the cost.

unclejemima218

190 Proof
Reaction score

That sounds pretty easy to do as a partscaster too. Any black Strat body, neck with a rosewood board, paint the headstock, black HSS pickguard, set of EMGs.

Fender has an HSS black Strat that would only take a bit of modding (more if you wanted the black out the hardware too) for a small fraction of the cost.

Oh god that PC1 is perfect. too bad about the price tag! maybe one day I'll have one haha. the black strat seems pretty decent, I'd just paint the headstock and swap out the pickups, and add black hardware. hmmm....possibilities

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any weird or inspiring guitar related dreams? do tell!

I dreamt one night that I could play like Jason Becker,
was a fleet fingered guitar god for that dream then I woke up,
realisation hit me....tried to get back to sleep but couldn't. :scratch:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I can't top SteveXC's suggestion and
please forgive the pointy headstock:

w1b243.jpg

ferret

Reaction score
Apologies if the body shape isn't quite close enough, but you'd be looking at around $1000-1100 depending on a few options like SS frets or not, for a Bolt from Carvin. Everything black black black. Plus the EMGs on top of that though.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score

Steve beat me to it, sounds exactly like a PC1! (they're also ....ing amazing to boot).

burl

Reaction score
:scratch::wait.....why u know its EMG pickup.....?
i mean, can u clearly see that!?
and dont know what the guitar really is ?

fogcutter

Reaction score
I've had this experience years ago. I had a dream about a strat, birdseye maple neck/fingerboard, with a pearloid pick guard and the paint job was a color I can only describe as "traffic cone" orange.

I once saw something similar by a low-cost brand, with a rosewood board in a shop in Japan and I almost bought it on the spot. But it wasn't close enough, and maybe someday I'll "warmoth" it as a project.

Anyway, I know the feeling, especially if it's one of those hyper-realistic dreams. It gives you GAS like crazy afterwards!

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I've had this experience years ago. I had a dream about a strat, birdseye maple neck/fingerboard, with a pearloid pick guard and the paint job was a color I can only describe as "traffic cone" orange.

You can get that as a Music Man Silhouette, except maybe the birdseye neck, but they've had that on a lot of their instruments. Several of the stock photos of base models show a Birdseye neck, although it's never explicitly stated as an option.

')