Sayings that makes you wanna :scream:

• Thread starter niffnoff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Another that annoys me is when all the kids who firmly believe they are gangsters always say "i'ma make it do what it do".

Nothing, well... almost nothing gets more annoying than that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Reaction score
The english language meets St00pidity I guess with kids like that xD

Something like that. :lol:

The part that utterly confuses me about such a statement as that is why on earth someone would make themselves sound so unintelligent as to say something that purely stupid.

And when generally they mean they are intending on doing some simple task, why not just say for example "I'm going to wash the dishes." But rather spit out the ridiculous phrase, "Dishes need washed, i'ma make it do what it do."

It's just fucking stupid. :wallbash:

Curt

Reaction score
This sounds like one of those sentences from the grammar portion of a high school SAT.

Now that you mention it. :rofl:

It really does remind me of one of those "Please choose the sentence which contains proper grammar usage." portions. :lol:

The sad part is, my youngest brother is like this.. He wears pants that I fear will fall off with no effort, shirts that could be used as parachutes, and wears his hats so cocked off the side of his head that i'm surprised it stays on at all, and he utters phrases like that all the time. It really gets on my nerves.

DavyH

Elderly juvenile
Reaction score
lol

.... generally inserted after something only vaguely funny, and showing the same level of self-control as laughing at one's own jokes.

Webspikz and textspikz of any nature. English is confusing enough without being rendered completely unintelligible.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
The use of "be" instead of "are", such as in "They be trippin'!" or "You be fine!"

"I'm just joshing you!" or "I'm just pulling your chain!" or any phrase that means "I'm just joking!"

Poor Yakov Smirnoff joke parodies. You know the "In Soviet Russia, ____ ____ you!" He has other jokes, and even he knows it isn't funny anymore!

THIS +

people who have never played portal but insist
"the cake is a lie"

This! +1

That's our phrase!

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
Indeed man, anything portal was made in the intentions of portal gamers haha.
GLaDoS ftw!

"Remember our motto, if at first you don't succeed, then you fail" - Lol.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Anyone using Gay as a slur. Few things make me as angry.

Never go anywhere where young crowds hang in public cause then your head will explode from anger :lol:

I know a few gay people and they say it doesn't bother them at all...infact, one of em says it too.

I say it (rarely), but then I've never had anyone in person say that it upsets them, otherwise I'd stop.

EDIT: Sometimes I get frusterated with how many damn people respond with; "just chillin" when you ask em what's up. :lol:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Using Gay as a slur is commonplace in the UK, it's just second nature to say it. If it offends anyone, I don't want to know that person. I wish to surround myself with good-humoured, laid-back individuals.

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
Using Gay as a slur is commonplace in the UK, it's just second nature to say it. If it offends anyone, I don't want to know that person. I wish to surround myself with good-humoured, laid-back individuals.

Our humour is...dark to say the least. But then again I think sarcasm is very hard to not be in England.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Any Chat speak.

One of the kids on my bus ends pretty much every sentence with, "Lawls...JKz."

Makes me want to kill things.

Skyblue

Reaction score
"Everything happens for a reason..."

Makes my blood boil. Tragedy or loss is not a necessary condition for something good to eventual happen further down the line. Anyone that makes you eat a shit sandwich for the hope of a sweet dessert is an asshole- even if it makes Fate an asshole- and therefore not deserving of defensive rationalization.
Freaking annoying saying. can't stand people who say that, but I usually don't respond or show anger.

The use of "be" instead of "are", such as in "They be trippin'!" or "You be fine!"
What about pirates then? :lol:

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
"Having your cake and eating it too"

What's the point of having a cake if you can't eat it?

I think you misunderstand this phrase.

As in you can't have a slice of cake in your hand AND be have eaten it. It's just a way of saying "you can't have it both ways"

Also people misusing the word literally.

A conversation I had once went like this...

Him: "Oh man I was literally on fire out there today"
Me: "Oh REALLY? And you didn't get third degree burns all over your body? Wow you must have seriously fireproof clothes there dude!"
Him.... :ugh:

groph

Reaction score
"it goes without saying" - then why did you goddamn say it?

" X much?" - like "sarcastic much?" when somebody is commenting on someone else's sarcasm. Boils my blood.

"I could care less" - it's I COULDN'T care less, as in "I cannot care any less about this than I presently do," not "I suppose I could give a bit less of a shit but this isn't quite as big of a deal as the figure of speech I am using is intended to make out of it, so I'll just knock it down a peg or two on the list of things I don't really care about and sound like a moron in the process."

"Random" - as in "well that was random." No it wasn't, it was an event that was the product of a cause and effect relationship, somebody made the choice to participate in an event that was deemed "random" by some moron. Nothing anybody does or says is random.

EDIT: and lol @ pirates and pilates. I like to pronounce pilates like pilots, so it sounds like if you're taking pilates classes you're expecting to learn how to fly, and you inevitably walk away very disappointed.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
lol

.... generally inserted after something only vaguely funny, and showing the same level of self-control as laughing at one's own jokes.

I didn't think I'd have anything to contribute to this thread, but this drives me up the wall as well.

Guy 1: hey lol
Guy 2: sup lol
Guy 1: nm lol
Guy 1: just chillin lol
Guy 2: awesome lol
Guy 1: wanna do something? lol
Guy 2: sure lol
Guy 2: what? lol
Guy 1: dunno, mabe a movie lol
Guy 2: sweet lol

I love my friends, but some of this do this, and it drives me fucking INSANE. I have watched them type shit like this, and they're not actually laughing, not by a long shot. It's basically taken on the meaning of a punctuation mark. I just want to slap them when I see this.

Curt

Reaction score
^ that one makes me rage as well.

')