SC-207 upgraded...

maxident213

Reaction score
Decided to spiff up this LTD with new hardware & pickups. :yesway:

The before (stock ESP passives, chrome everything):

rpics060.jpg

rpics059.jpg

New black bridge. :yesway: I left the ferrules and threaded inserts in, I didn't want to dick around too much. :lol:

rpics072.jpg

Black Gotoh tuners.

rpics076.jpg

rpics080.jpg

rpics085.jpg

At this point I swapped in new black dome knobs, black strap buttons, black jack plate, and all black screws. :metal:

I wanted to try an 81-7 in the bridge and a 707tw in the middle position. I got about 3/4s of the wiring done before I got stuck and got fed up. :realmad: The guitar needed a few frets levelled anyway so I figured this was a good excuse to take it in for a set up.

A couple days later, I picked it up at the shop. Dude finished the wiring, sweetened up the fretwork, and got it into top playing shape.

rrrpics007.jpg

rrrpics005.jpg

rrrpics006.jpg

rrrpics010.jpg

I dig the looks of it, with the new hardware. Haven't had time to really play with the EMGs much, my initial impression was that the 81-7 sounds very "thrashy", I like it so far. I wanted to try the 707tw in this guitar to hopefully add some tonal variety, with the split-coil. I don't really care for the middle-pickup thing on the SC models, I find it sounds more or less like a watered-down bridge pickup, so I wanted to try the split-coil for a better clean tone.

Anyway, that's my story. Thanks for looking. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it looks so much better. I had one myself and I too had to get the SC's frets sorted out for the same problem. Must be a common thing :nuts:

Makes me want to get one again and change everything to black :hbang:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Looks ten times better easily :yesway:

Only thing bugging me is the old EMG logo on the 707 and the new logo on the 81-7 :lol:

I don't know why EMG changed their logo, the new one looks shit :noplease:

powergroover

monster death chunk
Reaction score
whoa i didn't know sc207s are made in china, i thought they were indonesian made

armymen77

Reaction score
I have the same guitar and I put a 707 at the bridge position. Man your guitar look so sick!!!

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
nice looking job man, cool pics on the pickups as well

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice! Too bad about the mismatched EMG logos, though. I really dislike their new logo.

The SC-207 is a great guitar... very moddable!

maxident213

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. :wavey: I was also a bit "wtf?" about the pickups, I just asked the local shop to order me in a set, and I got an old 707tw and a new 81-7. :scratch: The bigger pain in the ass was that the 81-7 had quick connectors but the 707 did not. :noway: Out came the soldering iron. :rolleyes:

Anyway I dig the shit out of it now, it was my first 7 and needed some attention. She's good to go now. :shred:

mat091285

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. :wavey: I was also a bit "wtf?" about the pickups, I just asked the local shop to order me in a set, and I got an old 707tw and a new 81-7. :scratch: The bigger pain in the ass was that the 81-7 had quick connectors but the 707 did not. :noway: Out came the soldering iron. :rolleyes:

Anyway I dig the shit out of it now, it was my first 7 and needed some attention. She's good to go now. :shred:

Sweet job on the mod Max! ... btw mind if i ask where did you get the new black bridge and tuners? I might do that a future SC also ... :metal:

maxident213

Reaction score
Sweet job on the mod Max! ... btw mind if i ask where did you get the new black bridge and tuners? I might do that a future SC also ... :metal:

Thanks man. The tuners came from Warmoth, and the bridge came from ebay. I wanted to try a Tonepros bridge but wasn't sure if it would be a direct replacement for the stock bridge, so I dug around on ebay and found the same model bridge. I will dig up the part number and post it when I get home tonight. :yesway:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Thanks man. The tuners came from Warmoth, and the bridge came from ebay. I wanted to try a Tonepros bridge but wasn't sure if it would be a direct replacement for the stock bridge, so I dug around on ebay and found the same model bridge. I will dig up the part number and post it when I get home tonight. :yesway:

With TOM bridges there's only 2 different sized posts I believe. One for domestic(US) guitars and one that's used for guitars made overseas.

maxident213

Reaction score

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, i believe there's only one 7-string TOM design. They're all the same.

mat091285

Reaction score
')