Sc607 ltd to bkps?

• Thread starter stokedtoast
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey all. i love the sound of my sc607, however, i've heard nothing but good things about bare knuckle pickups.

Which pickup would you guys recommend me getting for my sc607?

I run a peavey xxx with a maxon 808 and cathedral ehx. my cab is a vader 4x12.

thanks guys :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fuel

Reaction score
Honestly, if you love the sound as is, why mess with it? Yeah, most people around here love BKPs, but that doesn't mean they're better for your tastes than the EMGs the 607 came with - most people here also love Hipshot-style bridges, but I think they're an absolute abomination.

I'd say listen to some clips through rigs similar to yours and see if you like the sound, rather than just go off hearsay. Just my :2c:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
^^^ :agreed:

If you love the sound why go through the hassle, and pretty pricey expense, of switching out your EMG's to passives? Just because everyone is praised BKP? I was thinking of switching out my EMG's because I thought they sounded a bit thin and compressed but have since toyed with the amp channel setting and added +4db of low end boost and now it sounds killer so I'm sticking with them. Definitely don't do it solely on what others are touting.

Rev.

drenzium

Reaction score
I prefer dimarzios over bkp, thats just my opinion of course.

BKP are very much praised and sought after, but then again the amount of people who purchase them to replicate bulbs tone or plan to djent out with them are vast and they execute that style perfectly ;p

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
i love the sound of my sc607

This is the part you need to concern yourself with, you swap pickups because theres something about your sound your not in love with. Its impossible to recommend you a new pickup if you don't feel your current pickups lack in any aspect.

The whole point of swapping pickups is because your unhappy with how the current ones sound... if it ain't broke don't fix it.

')