Scale the Summit MegaThread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Dammit, if they had put the tabbook up just 3 days earlier, because I ordered the CDC tabbook and 2 posters in order to justify the shipping costs. :(

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Got my copy today, listening to it right now. The tee fits like a glove :) (not really like a glove more like a shirt that fits me :p) my buddy really likes the deisgn and so do I.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
there was a few comments in the pre-order thread, but i can't believe there's not a thread for this amazing album yet. if it needs to be merged with another thread or something, feel free to mods...

but yes, this album is FUCKING AMAZING! i just can't stop listening to it. all of the glorious "happy" riffs are still there, but there's a new "dark" feel to it at times that was missing in their previous albums, so there's a new contrast that i feel is imperative to a perfect album. so many sweet riffs and solos. and the guitar tones are absolutely beautiful. solid drum performance. tasty bass licks. i'm completely in love with everything about this album. i really don't see any other prog/metal album this year touching it. and definitely their best album to date.

let us bow to them....
:minions:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh I see no problem with this thread (as long as people don't keep bumping the preorder thread) :2c:

Yeah, the new album is fantastic, the writing is WAY beyond their earlier stuff IMHO

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
I loved carving desert canyons, but i also had a long time to fall in love. I've had the collective for like 2 weeks and im already in love with it. The songs really have their own identities and they've opened up to new possibilities that weren't explored in the previous record

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
This album is great start to finish and as the OP said, it's full of tasty riffs and solos and is holding a definite spot in my top albums of the year list so far, I even ordered the tab book for the album from Scale The Summit's webstore.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I love the album, they've noticeably matured from Monument to CDC to the Collective. I now have all 3 books Chris/STS have offered. I have 2 or 3 shirts too, but they keep making the new ones on American Apparel shirts now. Big people don't like fitted shirts Chris. :squint: :lol:

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess another question to ask is who is going to see them on the tour with Periphery and Fair To Midland? I know I am.

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
ill be going either April 3rd or 6th!
soo psyched, itll be my second time seeing StS and my third seeing Periphery, never heard of FtM before this tour came out. I dig them alot

')