Scale the Summit MegaThread

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
yeah, was gunna pick one up at their stop in jersey but i sadly i didnt have money left after buying food :(
But Its definitely a good buy, obviously 100% accurate too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
The instructional book Chris put out is awesome. I dig the straightforward style of it and I've been using much of whats in it daily to keep my hands in shape at the very least.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I figured I would make this thread because I truly believe that Scale the Summit is one of the most innovative and fresh bands out there right now, and I absolutely love them.

So all things STS can be posted here.

Cheers :metal:

-Joe

shreddanson

Reaction score
Good band, good thread. Carving Desert Canyons was alright, didn't do too much for me. But I really enjoyed The Collective.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Justified thread, Carving Desert Canyons revolutionised the way I approach guitar, music and being a musician and the Collective has only served to build upon that. Fantastic band and really cool people too.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i met all the guys in Cleveland and they were super nice. Carving Desert Canyons also revolutionized my approach to music, and it is easily in my top five favorite albums of all time. The collective only strengthened my appreciation for what they do and I'm really glad that they are exploring new musical territories and they didn't just make "Carving Desert Canyons Part 2"

EDIT: pretty much exactly what Shoggoth said...lol

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Secret Earth is one of the most tear-jerkingly beautiful songs ever. Dudes are seriously not of this world.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I love Scale the summit, Its definitely altered the way I view guitar at times. A lot of my more 'melodic' sounding stuff usually involves a fair lot of two handed tapping with slides now. Chris' instruction booklet has also taught me a fair lot, and helped me with a fair few techniques.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Scale The Summit has MAJORLY influenced my guitar playing and I absolutely love CDC and The Collective.

Does anyone else think that Dunes would sound excellent with vocals though? That's the only song I'd like to have vocals on. Maybe like Elliot Coleman or Spencer Sotelo?

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
29ypd6u.jpg

Win.

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
I promised everyone that when we got home from tour I would make a video for each song off the album, due to many requests. Its a ton of work since I also edit them all, but Im going to make it happen!
Here is the next one, "Whales". I think "The Levitated" is next on the list.
Hope you guys enjoy them!

rogrotten

Reaction score
Great job as always! Christ you should get Pat to make a drum book for us drummers!

')