Scale the Summit MegaThread

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
Really loving "Odyssey"! It still sounds like Scale the Summit but it has some different ideas in there that set it apart from Carving Dessert Canyons and The Collective.

Looking at the track listing, I fully expected to see Redwoods on there. Was that part of an EP I missed, or was it just a YouTube only sort of thing?

"Redwoods" was actually a track off of "The Collective", as a 11 song exclusive album to Japan only, then after 6 months we were able to release it in the states as a single.

Why are the tshirts in such simple colours?! I'd love if they looked like the actual album art.

I was going to do that, but full color shirt prints are always hit or miss with how they come out. Im still planning on getting a full color printed, but only after I get a sample print of them. I was scared to post the full color for pre-order, sell a bunch and then have them come out like crap.

Got the vinyl + t-shirt I think. Paypal seems to be fucked at the moment. Do you have any way of checking if the order is filled Chris?

Yeah, just shoot a email to orders@scalethesummit.com and I can check. If you got a receipt from paypal or our automated bigcartel email, then it went through for sure.

Well, I think I've seen you guys three times now and haven't heard you guys play Black Hills or Redwoods, both of which are among my very favorites. I know you've played them before so I guess that wouldn't really be special, but I would probably pre my pants if you played either haha. Well if you think of something, I have a few friends who are on the fence about going to the show who could use all the convincing they can get!

Do you know how long your set's going to be for this tour?

We are direct support, so 40 minutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Im kinda of freaking out about atlas novus :lol:

We are direct support, so 40 minutes.

so this tour coming up you guys arent headlining? :(

Also, Im not sure how I feel about the mix on the new album, everything sounds good with tones, and you can hear all the instrumentds easily but it lacks a certain pounding or thump Im used to with other albums.

other than that though the tones are great, and the actual material is unbelieveable though

lawizeg

Reaction score
I'm freaking out about every song. So good! I was so excited when I saw that link, practically giddy...beyond pumped for this. I think this will blow most releases this year out of the water—definitely your best yet. :)

rapterr15

Reaction score
Holy crap, those previews have me so excited right now! Dark Horse and The Traveler sound bangin. I know its all gonna be great. June 11 can't come soon enough.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Waiting for international shipping is gonna be painful.......

The price of international shipping is painful.

I realise that there is not a great deal that STS can do about this but $13.99 to ship a CD to Europe from the US is sore.

However, when you compare that to 10.00GBP for the new Tesseract which is coming from the UK to Europe ... STS are actually winning that competition!

Maybe I'll try and order yet another fine instructional book from STS and save some cash on shipping :)

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
The price of international shipping is painful.

I realise that there is not a great deal that STS can do about this but $13.99 to ship a CD to Europe from the US is sore.

However, when you compare that to 10.00GBP for the new Tesseract which is coming from the UK to Europe ... STS are actually winning that competition!

Maybe I'll try and order yet another fine instructional book from STS and save some cash on shipping :)

Try $18.75USD to NZ..

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
26 AUD, but I got the shirt and vinyl with it.

Seriously? That's $26.60 US!
And less than it costs to get just the CD to Europe!
I don't want to think about how pissed our man form NZ is right now.

At least I can get the mp3s on bandcamp soon-ish.

So, STS, when are you coming to Europe?

Lianoroto

Reaction score
Yeah, just shoot a email to orders@scalethesummit.com and I can check. If you got a receipt from paypal or our automated bigcartel email, then it went through for sure. .

Yeh, got a receipt from Paypal but nothing from Bigcartel so I was kinda stumped. Nothing was ordered apparently, just Paypal being a bit glitchy, so I placed a new order that worked.

Tasteh

Banned
Reaction score
Once you guys get big enough, you should let people start posting guitar pros of your songs again :p

rapterr15

Reaction score
Once you guys get big enough, you should let people start posting guitar pros of your songs again :p

If you like a band's songs enough to want to learn the songs, and the band sells tab books at a reasonable price ($20 for 10-11 songs isn't much), why not support the band? I imagine Chris puts in a lot of effort to make these tab books, so its not really fair for other people to just post tabs of the band's songs for free.

Or you could learn by ear.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
^ On that note, offering a GP format for your Tabs would be great. I love tab books, but being able to slow down parts/learn songs in different tunings without having to change your own is something I value in GP a ton.

I plan on getting the book of The Collective and The Migration, but would much prefer if they existed. It's time consuming though, so I don't expect it haha.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
^ On that note, offering a GP format for your Tabs would be great. I love tab books, but being able to slow down parts/learn songs in different tunings without having to change your own is something I value in GP a ton.

I plan on getting the book of The Collective and The Migration, but would much prefer if they existed. It's time consuming though, so I don't expect it haha.

too hard to control piracy I guess....

lawizeg

Reaction score
too hard to control piracy I guess....

Tis is true. I'm gonna be honest and say if it was possible to get my hands on the tabs without paying, I would. But I'm happily actually buying a few tabbooks(Safety Fire, Human Abstract, STS) now...
Kind of interesting how more bands don't do the tab book thing. :scratch:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
That's actually very true, I hadn't thought about it.

But then again, don't most sites that host tabs get regulated? Same reason you can't find Dethklok Tabs anywhere either. Piracy still happens sadly, I know some guys in the music program at my college just buy Jam Track stuff and spread it within their circle of friends.

But I fully understand if it's just not something you guys can do, due to label restrictions/time restrictions/or not wanting to go through that method.

')