Scale the Summit MegaThread

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to some videos where they use the A(4) string. I am really interested to see how they sound and play. Preferably playthrough videos where the string us used a fair bit and if you can think of any videos with an A string that are not relevant to the thread and don't want to go off topic, could you just PM them to me. I have looked, but I could not find much.

That's the only playthrough I can remember of his using an 8 with the high A.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
New song up!

Aw, man, that's awesome :yesway: I love that clean tone!! Clear, but warm... that's the kind of clean I've been looking for!

Edit: Is that from those new EMG's? The 57-7h and 66-7h? If so, that's the best EMG clean I've ever heard...

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
this album keeps getting better and better. Oracle giving me some major feels right now.

im loving this heavy mood they go into in the material we've heard so far.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Two new songs today?? All of my yes.... they both sound killer.

Although, I think they might have made Atlas Novus too good. If there's another song on the album as killer as that one I'll shit myself...

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Wow, this CD is going to be killer! I haven't heard any bad songs from any of the ones released at all and that is an awesome sign of things to come, imo

man jerk

Reaction score
I got to see these guys play last Friday in Colorado Springs. Unbelievable show. I've never really been into instrumental music before but it was so refreshing to listen to music that had no message and no agenda. Just beautiful music.

Lucky us I believe this was the first stop on the current tour. Too bad there wasn't more than 50 people in the crowd. They ....ing rocked though, I for one was transfixed!

I wish I could see them on July 2 or 3rd in Denver but I'll be out of town.

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
I just got back from their show with Intronaut in Portland, and it was an absolutely killer set.

I'm actually kind of jealous of you guys who still have the show to look forward to, but you can be jealous of me because I bought the CD at the show tonight, which was the first night they were legally allowed to sell it :D

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I just got back from their show with Intronaut in Portland, and it was an absolutely killer set.

I'm actually kind of jealous of you guys who still have the show to look forward to, but you can be jealous of me because I bought the CD at the show tonight, which was the first night they were legally allowed to sell it :D

:O How is it?

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Preordered it when they released the second track.
Reminding me a lot of The Collective with a little more technicality and ambience. Really digging it.
Totally gonna grab the tab book, too. :D

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
"Atlas Novus" play through for EMG TV!

Tab books for "The Migration" are out now as well!

Hope you guys dig the video!

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Oh, what's dis? I got a package? Oh, would you look at that!

970843_10200512442706557_1858651688_n.jpg

Migration shirt! :D

Hybrid138

Reaction score
They shipped already???? I haven't got notification :(

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Can't wait to listen to this whole thing start to finish! Every song sounds fantastic so far from what's been released!

Chris, when are you guys going to get on Fractal's artists list? And speaking of Fractal, your guitar tone sounds freakin' awesome on these songs. Any hints as to what's going on on your patches??? :agreed:

EDIT:

Just saw this post on the fractal forum!

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/70335-chris-letchford-scale-summit.html

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Nope, I had actually tried to order a different shirt (One of the "Strings are voices" ones) but it had actually been out of stock when I ordered it (Still mega bummed about that, I really wanted that shirt :() But this was what I asked for in replacement for that one so I got it early I suppose :D

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
They shipped already???? I haven't got notification :(

Pre-orders started shipping on June 3rd, there are over 700+ from our online store online. My gf runs the store while Im gone, she'll be taking 100 a day. Cant wait for you to get it as well!

Can't wait to listen to this whole thing start to finish! Every song sounds fantastic so far from what's been released!

Chris, when are you guys going to get on Fractal's artists list? And speaking of Fractal, your guitar tone sounds freakin' awesome on these songs. Any hints as to what's going on on your patches??? :agreed:

EDIT:

Just saw this post on the fractal forum!

Chris Letchford (Scale the Summit)

We have endorsed their brand for 2 years now. Hopefully soon!

When I get home from tour, I'll be tweaking some of my patches and uploading them! So keep an eye out!

')