Scale the Summit MegaThread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
The collective and carving desert canyons still is awesome stuff

I just wish the mixes on them were better, Carving Desert Canyons is obviously just a lower budget album but on The Collective and even The Migration the heavy guitar tones are just too polite, and on the collective the clean sound is just unbelievably boxy, the Levitated would be so much better if that clean tone just had some life...

I have to echo the sentiment that these "songs" just sound like collections of parts thrown together and they don't really fit too well, but I think some of the parts themselves are good they just suffer because of the lackluster/terrible composition.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
You gotta wonder if Chris allowed any sort of collaboration with the members that he hires into his band, that maybe his songs would be improved. I kinda feel the same about AAL, and this is just my opinion, but when Misha collaborated on the first record and TJoM it was such a huge difference. But hey, it's Chris's brain child, and he can do what he wants.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
You gotta wonder if Chris allowed any sort of collaboration with the members that he hires into his band, that maybe his songs would be improved. I kinda feel the same about AAL, and this is just my opinion, but when Misha collaborated on the first record and TJoM it was such a huge difference. But hey, it's Chris's brain child, and he can do what he wants.

In the good old days I think the bassists and drummers got to write their own parts, but aside from that Chris wrote all the guitars. Maybe he just lacks someone in the band to tell him the new songs aren't that great, or something.

Disagree with you about AAL, though. Weightless was the best album because Misha didn't get a chance to ruin it like he did TJoM. Telling a technical shred band that they've don't need to shred is the worst decision any producer has ever made.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
But there was shred on TJoM? Either way, I agree with the other guy, AAL seem to be much better when Misha Mansoor has some input. The latest AAL album is quite similar to these new STS songs, just a load of individual riff ideas cobbled together to make disjointed compositions.

stevexc

Reaction score
So StS randomly liked a picture of my dog on my Instagram, despite there being no hashtags and me not following them. So that was kinda interesting.

That's my story for today.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
So StS randomly liked a picture of my dog on my Instagram, despite there being no hashtags and me not following them. So that was kinda interesting.

That's my story for today.

lol, yeah, STS just randomly liked three consecutive posts on my IG a few days ago. It's probably a follower fishing bot (even though I already follow them/him)

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm digging the latest track and the one before it. StS albums have always been one's for me that I honestly need to listen to like 5-10 times before fully discovering them. Figure this won't be any different, but I definitely just preordered.

')