Scale the Summit MegaThread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anomynous

Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible to make the Stolas video look high budget. I was wrong.

anomynous

Reaction score
Listening to the new album now. All the songs seem to work better in context of the album. So that's a plus.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
There's something with the guitar gating on that last single that is driving me nuts, digging the riffage, though.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread from the grave...

Interesting to hear STS with vocals. Really loved the opening solo. Anybody know if those LEDs are actually touch sensitive or if they're like midi pre-programmed? EDIT: I guess the outro answers that question. :lol:

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread from the grave...

Interesting to hear STS with vocals. Really loved the opening solo. Anybody know if those LEDs are actually touch sensitive or if they're like midi pre-programmed? EDIT: I guess the outro answers that question. :lol:

Poor guy spent all his money on a guitar, now he can’t afford pants without holes in him. And pay his bandmates

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
While the vocalist is good, I'd still prefer the music be instrumental. It just feels weird now. Also, idk what it is with the newer material, but I feel the music became significantly less interesting when Travis and the other dudes left. I know Chris writes pretty much everything, but still. Idk. Just doesn't sound too interesting to me. I don't hate it, but I don't really have any sort of strong feelings about it which I think just maybe makes it boring to me.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
While the vocalist is good, I'd still prefer the music be instrumental. It just feels weird now. Also, idk what it is with the newer material, but I feel the music became significantly less interesting when Travis and the other dudes left. I know Chris writes pretty much everything, but still. Idk. Just doesn't sound too interesting to me. I don't hate it, but I don't really have any sort of strong feelings about it which I think just maybe makes it boring to me.
Same. I respect it from a technical standpoint, but it doesn’t feel like it was written from a passionate, or emotional, place.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I agree with the above comments. Diehard Monuments through V fan, but the last album just didn't have any life to it. This song sounds like pretty much a rehash of things that came before but with a singer this time. Some of the songs, riffs and licks on V are the best of Scale the Summit, to then drop off so suddenly with later releases.

I'll listen to the song with Ross Jennings, but otherwise not interested in the rest of this album.

Chanson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

There actually is an instrumental version of it available, on Spotify at least. I wonder if they will end up releasing all of the songs available as instrumentals too.

anomynous

Reaction score
There actually is an instrumental version of it available, on Spotify at least. I wonder if they will end up releasing all of the songs available as instrumentals too.

yes, they announced an instrumental version of the album was being released at the same time

')