Scary movies for a first time horror movie watcher...

• Thread starter kerska
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
i'd suggest these 4

the original 'saw'. its more suspense than horror. most of the gore scenes are implied rather than shown.

cabin in the woods. this movie isn't really horror, though it starts off that way. this movie is over the top, but not in a gore way. its over the top as in it has a bit of EVERY genre in it, and they pull it off fairly well.

28 days later/28 weeks later: again, this is more of a 'suspense' and 'thriller' type of movie

but if you want more subtly, story driven, and more character development, then try watching shows with her.

Dexter would be an awesome show to start off with. again, most of the gore is implied, its never fully shown as to what exactly dexter does. yes, there is blood. but thats pretty much as far as it goes. and because its a drama, i'm sure she will enjoy it

if thats a bit too much, then try 'the walking dead'. it has zombies in it. but if shes a typical girly-girl who enjoys the insane drama of gossip girls, and silly little liars or sex and the city, then she will LOVE the drama in this show. not that its the same, but the tension, stress, the sheer panic it creates is amazing. great story. great drama. and i guess it would be a horror movie as well....

if you want to ease her into it, you could start off with parodies of horror movies so she gets used to the subject matter. movies like 'shawn of the dead' or 'zombie land'. she'll find zombies something funny.

you could also poke fun at horror movies as a lot of them are fairly cheesy. i'm not a fan of horror movies as i'm scared easy. but when i was watching 'the ring' the only reason why i walked out of there laughing was because the people i was watching with kept making fun of EVERYTHING in it. like when the girls are walking through the kitchen someone would scream 'grab a spoon! you can spoon it to death!' and someone replied 'no, forks are sharp! fork it to death!' and a third reply was 'you guys are idiots! grab a knife! its the sharpest and makes for a perfect weapon!' a 4th reply 'shut up nerd!'

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
The remake of I Spit on Your Grave is pretty intense, although it's really more shocker gore than horror. Tales From The Darkside: The Movie is always a good bet.

Latest posts

')