Schaller Hannes 7 & 8 String bridges released

• Thread starter Adrian-XI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Anyone one have info on the release/price of these? Or has the official announcement not been made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Navid

Chicken Kicker
Reaction score
I wonder why they didn't release a single string bridge directly instead. I mean, releasing single string bridge would make happy even those who play 9+ string and fanned fret instruments all together...
I'm currently building a fanned fret 8 and I would have bought a 8 hannes singles if they existed already.
...oh well. ABM is a great brand anyway...

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score

Kammo1

Reaction score
The Hannes bridge IMHO is one of the finest bridges on the market and the tone and performance is very hard to match with other bridges. I have fitted these on my customers guitars and nothing but 100% praise for them. I will fit these everytime on my custom builds and when the 7 string and single saddles come out I won't use anything else as again it would be very hard to find exemplary brilliant hardware that matches this :) yep you could say I'm a huge fanboy :)

Gregori

Reaction score
That's not how it works.

Defining one angle means the relationship between the perpendicular fret and nut is within a fixed range but doesn't give them fixed position at all.

If the bridge is angled 10 degrees, the perpendicular could be at 12th fret and the nut also at 10 degrees, at any scale (the scale relationship is what's fixed). Say the longest string comes out 25.5"

Now add another fret below 0, perpendicular fret it now 13, the lowest scale is 27" and the nut is more like 12 degrees.

Just an example, but the point is a fixed fan is a start, and one I'd take!
But there are a limited number of desirable combinations that can be achieved with a set bridge angle, right? While a fanned version would be cool, it would still be very limited in what can be done with it. A single saddle option would definitely be a better idea, unless they were trying to set a standard for multiscale guitars.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Yes, these have always looked ridiculously comfortable, definitely wanna try these on a custom some day. :yesway:

CruzDrum

Reaction score
But there are a limited number of desirable combinations that can be achieved with a set bridge angle, right? While a fanned version would be cool, it would still be very limited in what can be done with it. A single saddle option would definitely be a better idea, unless they were trying to set a standard for multiscale guitars.
but wouldnt setting a standard for fanned guitas be desirable? so that bigger companies such as ibanez or esp could star mass producing fanned fret guitars<thus making them easier to own. i know for one that i would love to get my hands on a fanned ibby seven for under 8 grand(if it be that cheap) LOL

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
but wouldnt setting a standard for fanned guitas be desirable? so that bigger companies such as ibanez or esp could star mass producing fanned fret guitars<thus making them easier to own. i know for one that i would love to get my hands on a fanned ibby seven for under 8 grand(if it be that cheap) LOL

Yeah, because Ibanez would definitely use a schaller bridge instead of designing and manufacturing their own. :lol:

jahosy

Reaction score
The most important question.... when will they be available!? :)

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score

There would be some limitation yes.

Brndn

Reaction score
I'm in the process of locking in a custom order for a Regius 7, and given that Mayones announced it themselves I've obviously asked the question. First indications are that they'll be good to go from now on custom guitars, but I'll let you guys know what the final outcome is. I'm expecting an added delay.

Obviously Mr. Hannes himself just gave "a few months from now" up above and that'd apply to a full blown commercial/aftermarket release.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score

What's stopping them from doing that with single-string bridges? I'd rather not have the specs of a custom build limited by the inevitably cautious fans of production guitars.

Gregori

Reaction score

Sure, I never said that wouldn't be desirable.

deathmaster213

Reaction score
Yeah, because Ibanez would definitely use a schaller bridge instead of designing and manufacturing their own. :lol:
Isn't every version of the Edge tremolo essentially a 'licenced' Floyd Rose? They took the idea/concept and attempted to approve on it, and made different spec/quality versions that fit in with the price points for their different guitar ranges. I don't see why licencing a different company's bridge would be any different.

If someone set a standard bridge angle for a multiscale layout and it took off then you might find more pickup manufacturers embracing angled pickups and that would be good news for everyone. For those who didn't want that bridge angle then you can still go down the route of ABM or ETS separate bridges.

As a custom luthier the more choice I see available in any extended range hardware is only too willingly received. So when do we get a Schaller 7 string FR bridge??!! :wallbash:

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
seen this since the fb post, but i gotta say, thi is tempting ideas again of custom work

too bad marty is hella busy and has some issues to sort right now

Latest posts

')