Scharpach acoustic 8

• Thread starter Snorelax
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
UBUGUH. :drool:

Beautiful instruments, and really not an unexpected price point for highly crafted, customized and specialized acoustic instruments (cellos can run from 1k to 25k pretty easily)... but that's a LOT of money.

Snorelax

Reaction score
The Vienna Archtop runs at around 21k if anyone is curious.

Ruins

Reaction score
even though this guitars look very nice but what is the big idea behind this ridicules prices? :scratch:

angus

Reaction score
Because they are hand-made artisan instruments, and look incredible. They charge it because they can- because if it were a violin, it would easily be upwards of $45,000+.

We guitarists and bassists have it easy. By the standards of ALL other instruments, our stuff is stupidly cheap, even for "expensive" instruments.

DefinedInSilere

Reaction score
Very true! When I bought my first upright it was for 2500 and it was still a cheap instrument.

Those are some beautiful instruments though. I have to imagine a company like that must sell a very small amount of guitars per year.

Ruins

Reaction score
if at all....
not very one has some oil company and some spare cash to waste on some nice guitar...

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Because they are hand-made artisan instruments, and look incredible. They charge it because they can- because if it were a violin, it would easily be upwards of $45,000+.

We guitarists and bassists have it easy. By the standards of ALL other instruments, our stuff is stupidly cheap, even for "expensive" instruments".

Of course, but also consider the fact that the majority of what we consider expensive instruments is electric guitars. Fashioning a slab a wood vs. constructing an acoustic is two wildly different things.

angus

Reaction score
Agreed, which is why the most expensive guitars are always archtops and acoustics.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If I pay $15,000 for an acoustic it will say Taylor or Martin on it, and there will be five of them. Those are nice, but those prices are a bit too high. By about 200%.

$5000? Sure. $15,000? No thanks.

angus

Reaction score
Ever played an instrument like this? It's a whole different ballgame. It doesn't make you question why these are $15,000...it makes you question why people pay $5000+ for real Gibson, PRS, or Martin guitars (that are marked up for the name).

I'm the complete opposite, Chris- never spend $5000 on a big name company's guitar because it's going to be mostly markup. Instruments like these, thiugh, are worth every penny if you have the pennies to spend.

D

Desecrated

Ever played an instrument like this? It's a whole different ballgame. It doesn't make you question why these are $15,000...it makes you question why people pay $5000+ for real Gibson, PRS, or Martin guitars (that are marked up for the name).

I'm the complete opposite, Chris- never spend $5000 on a big name company's guitar because it's going to be mostly markup. Instruments like these, thiugh, are worth every penny if you have the pennies to spend.

I played a 33,000 dollar guitar once and it sounded surprisingly like a guitar.
I'm sure the build quality was much higher then your standard <900 dollar guitar, but I can't say that it sounded that much better.
After all the design of the guitar is pretty much the same, it's just a wodden box with some strings attached.

angus

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more based on the ones I've played...everyone is different though.

That's not to say I'd buy a $15,000+ dollar guitar (I wouldn't) or bass (still wouldn't unless it was an upright), but just saying that I understand why some would. To me, there is a huge difference between an average $2000 guitar and something of this quality.

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
If I pay $15,000 for an acoustic it will say Taylor or Martin on it, and there will be five of them. Those are nice, but those prices are a bit too high. By about 200%.

$5000? Sure. $15,000? No thanks.

However, Martin or Taylor doesn't offer the 8 string 36 fret with that construction. Also, Martin or Taylor doesn't do the Manouche style of guitar, which can go for a pretty penny. My point is, I agree with you: I would rather 5 Martins or Taylors for one 6 string, 20 fret acoustic from these guys.

However, I'd definitely (if I had the money to make this decision) to take the 8 string or perhaps the 36 fret Dolphin over the Taylor's.

When it comes down to it, I'd definitely be playing those 5 Martins and these Dolphins and 8 string before buying anything, then making my decision.

')