Schecter 007 Elite vs. Ibanez Necks

• Thread starter badbach66
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

badbach66

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a Schecter 007 Elite.Problem is, I'm ordering through musician's friend, and I have no way of getting my hands on one to try out..I currently own a Ibanez Jem 555 and the thin neck is just right for me, I was wondering how the neck would compare to the Schecter 007? This will be my first time with a 7 string. Thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, Both that Interceptor and the Schecter will have slightly thicker necks. ANY 7 string will. the Thinnest of course, is the RG series (Except the 7321, thats a bit thicker). The Universe is pretty thin (21.5mm, i believe) at the nut, and has a nice D Shaped profile.
I personally will be getting the 007 Blackjack (extended scale, 2 humbucker version of your guitar). It should be good.

swedenuck

Strictly Business
Reaction score
Schecters will have thicker necks than other "shredder" companies IE Jackson, Ibanez, ESP, etc.. That said what seven string guitars have you played? that would make it alot easier to make a correct comparisson.

badbach66

Reaction score
Well...last time I played a 7 string was way back in 1995, couldn't remember the model/make...is there that big a difference between the Ibanez's & Schecter necks? I'm into shred/technical music, so the more playable a guitar is, the better. :fawk:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
the schecter necks ive played so far are pretty fast, so im hoping for the best. i wanted to get one partially to relieve hand fatigue that smaller necks can cause too(even though i am a fan)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
xtranscendedx said:

Um, not to be a dick, but do you work for Agile or something, man? I mean, I think pound-for-pound I have yet to play another guitar that gives my UV a run for its money, but I don't go around telling the whole world to buy Universes to the exclusion of other guitars - that's just my opinion, and I'm quick to mention other alternatives because everyone's taste is different. I'd say "buy one and don't worry" is a touch strong for ANY guitar.

That's just one hell of a blanket statement to make, especially without any substantiation or accounting for personal taste...

-D

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drew said:
Um, not to be a dick, but do you work for Agile or something, man? I mean, I think pound-for-pound I have yet to play another guitar that gives my UV a run for its money, but I don't go around telling the whole world to buy Universes to the exclusion of other guitars - that's just my opinion, and I'm quick to mention other alternatives because everyone's taste is different. I'd say "buy one and don't worry" is a touch strong for ANY guitar.

That's just one hell of a blanket statement to make, especially without any substantiation or accounting for personal taste...

-D

nope i don't the reason i mentioned the agile is it is similar in comparsion to the schecter which.I have owned both schecters and agile and ibanez.I also have sx products from rondo which along with all there products are of WAY higher quality than there price tag.Which is mainly the reason for mentioning the agile,also drew buy a guitar from rondo and see the quality AND customer service and you will be raving about them as well,but i do see were your coming from to a point. :wavey:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
well we have to consider the differences.. He wants to buy a mahogany neck through guitar with ducans, but the agile is a basswood bolt on guitar with dimarzios. they're gonna have totally different sounds.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HB'er hit the nail on the head - I'm not saying they're not quality guitars (I've never played one so I can't make an informed judgement), it's just you're completely failing to take into account personal taste. Some guys HATE Blazes in basswood - sure, for the price it may be quite the guitar, but if you don't like that sound, you're left with a $500 chunk of driftwood, effectively, you know?

You like them - that's cool. But they're not necessarily for everyone, so you can't assume that it's the perfect guitar for anyone, especially if you're going to do it in such completely unequivical terms.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not to mention I'm sure we've got the point that you like them, since you post an advertisement every single time someone mentions they want a certain guitar in an attempt to sway them.

If you don't work for them, why do you care so much about everyone buying one?

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
His unequivacable terms bother me not. I like a strong endorsement from time-to-time.

Back on track, the Schecters I've played have had wonderful feeling necks. Sort of like a cross between an old Les Paul and an Ibanez, I guess. Thicker than an RG, but very comfortable, and quite efficient to play on.

I'd love to get a C7 Blackjack, and may do so (just wish it had piezo).

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Chill guys. It's just an opinion....a very LOUD opinion, but an opinion that's valid nonetheless. Just as he likes Agile, most here dig Ibanezes & say it proudly. I don't complain though.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Not to mention I'm sure we've got the point that you like them, since you post an advertisement every single time someone mentions they want a certain guitar in an attempt to sway them.

If you don't work for them, why do you care so much about everyone buying one?

true i do tend to harp on them alot,but like i said about all there products i have owned which i transfer over to there other products.The absolute most bang fro your buck hands down.It's just me enjoying a company and or product and would like to share that "secret" with other people.All my instruments at the moment are from rondo.not necause they gave me special treatment or anything like that it's just QUALITY at such a unreal price point.Look at there stuff at pay close attention to there specs with what they build with and look at there prices then head over to harmony central and read the reviews for guitars and basses.Im not the only crazy one about them just the only one here :lol: I don't bash other companies i just can't justify spending lots and lots of money when i can buy my $99-$500 instruments with same or better quality.Now if they would just make cheap drums that would kick major ass!! So anyway ill ease up on the rondo recomendations. :lol:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
No worries \m/

got my refund today, btw, and the guys there were helpful.
Good stuff.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
xtranscendedx said:
true i do tend to harp on them alot,but like i said about all there products i have owned which i transfer over to there other products.The absolute most bang fro your buck hands down.It's just me enjoying a company and or product and would like to share that "secret" with other people.All my instruments at the moment are from rondo.not necause they gave me special treatment or anything like that it's just QUALITY at such a unreal price point.Look at there stuff at pay close attention to there specs with what they build with and look at there prices then head over to harmony central and read the reviews for guitars and basses.Im not the only crazy one about them just the only one here :lol: I don't bash other companies i just can't justify spending lots and lots of money when i can buy my $99-$500 instruments with same or better quality.Now if they would just make cheap drums that would kick major ass!! So anyway ill ease up on the rondo recomendations. :lol:
If all your guitars are from Rondo, and they just recently started selling 7-strings, what 7-string do you play, or do you play 7-string? And if you don't play 7-string, why are you here?

Just curious, not trying to be a jerk :lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
i used to have a ltd 207 and havent gotten another yet going grab either the rondo when they make it neck thru or maybe a shecter 7 not sure yet

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
In reply to the original question, I think the Ibanez RG/UV 7's will be the easiest for you to adapt to, not just because of the neck profile, but the body is the same as your Jem so everything will sit just how you're used too it.

dude777

Reaction score
what exactly do you need for the monthly payment card or what ever its called?
does guitar center have a monthly payment plan? and is the damien 7 neck really thick because thats the one im tring to get

')