Schecter 007 Elite vs. Ibanez Necks

• Thread starter badbach66
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dav2321

Reaction score
I have both the IBZ 7421 and the C 7 Blackjack. While the C 7 is overall a better instrument the Ibz has the better neck (IMHO). The C 7 has a thicker neck and access to the upper frets is hampered by the thick cutout. I also tune B-E ,so the extended scale of the C7 puts more tension on the strings making it harder on the hands after extended playing time. If your a shredder I would lean toward the IBZ, drop riff chunk-C7. One notable exception-Jeff Loomis. He rips on his C7/Hellraiser but then again I'm betting he dosent tune B-E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Nevermore tune a half-step down, I believe. I just got a C-7 Blackjack, and I can shred on it, though I also tune 1/2 step down. The strings definitely have more tension--I use 9-42+58 strings, and they feel like 10's on a regular guitar even though it's tuned down. But, wow, once you've gotten used to the feel of the guitar, fast runs are amazing--every note all over the neck has amazing clarity even with gobs of distortion. The downside of that is that any slop in your playing will be brutally exposed on a Blackjack. But that should just spur you to practice more! :)

As a 'Jackson guy', though, I prefer necks somewhat thicker than you'd find on an Ibanez. Ibanez guys might have more of a problem with the Schecter necks, though.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine 007 BlackJack gets here tuesday. I'll let you guys know what i think when it gets here \m/
I will be tuning mine down 1 /2 step as well, w/ 9-56.

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, havn't got a seven yet but I'm looking forward to getting one...

My question then, I have been mailing with this guy about a schecter 007 elite that he's trying to sell me. The thing is, I really can't get a good reply from that guy.

My main question is if the neck are thick or not, as I said, can't get a good reply... Therefor I've been meaning to ask you if you have some measurements of the 007 elites neck. I usally play an Ibanez rg 1570, but frakly, the neck is sometimes a wee bit to thin, sometimes it's good though.

If you got measurements on other guitars as well, that would be appreciated too!

/Fredrik

')