Schecter 7 necks?

• Thread starter theleem
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theleem

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I know I've been talking about getting a 7 for a while on here, but I just had quite the financial setback:wallbash: and I'm gonna have to wait until I get my tax return to get my first 7. And even though I've been looking mostly at Agiles, I just found some Schecters that I'm really into, namely the Blackjack SLS C-7 and the ATX C-7.

So my questions are, first of all, are these guitars of a higher overall quality than an Agile Septor 727? And if so, is the ATX's neck really that thick? I haven't been able to play one yet, but apparently its a lot thicker than the SLS. Has anyone here played an ATX/SLS and give me some advice? Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theleem

Reaction score
Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. Ok so that pretty much answers my neck question. Glad to hear they're as bad as they're made out to be. Ok so the other question remains, which one has a better overall build quality? Both the ATX and the Septor have Blackouts standard, so thats pretty nice. And the Septor has a slightly longer scale length(I think its .5" which isn't a big deal)

Guitarman700

Reaction score
I would go with the ATX. Better pickups and a neck that's a tad thinner than the Hellraiser, to give you an idea.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
If the blackjacks are anything like the damien elite or hellraisers then its really not bad at all. They are like a mix between a D and a C shape. It has the profile of a C but it is pretty thin and flat like a D. Like i said in the other thread its not a wizard but from what i understand the neck on schecters is 1000x better than agiles. I have heard terrible things about agile necks.

theleem

Reaction score
Yeah man, that's what I've been hearing too from pretty much everyone else I've talked to about Agiles. Big complaints about the neck. I'm not a huge fan of wizard necks, but as long as this thing isn't a freaking baseball bat or anything it sounds right for me. My main guitar right now is an SG with a decently beefy neck.

Jason_Clement

Reaction score
I ordered a Schecter SLS C-7, I will be getting it in about a week :) look out for my new guitar day and I'll give you an idea of what it's like.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah man, that's what I've been hearing too from pretty much everyone else I've talked to about Agiles. Big complaints about the neck. I'm not a huge fan of wizard necks, but as long as this thing isn't a freaking baseball bat or anything it sounds right for me. My main guitar right now is an SG with a decently beefy neck.

My Schecter 7 (an older Blackjack with the passive Duncans) definitely didn't have a baseball bat. It's honestly one of the more comfortable 7 string necks I've played. And I'm another vote for the Agiles being uncomfortable. They're asymmetrical which is kinda cool, but they felt really stiff and boxy to me.

Not to mention, Schecter's QC seems a lot more consistent than Rondo's, from what I've seen. YMMV :2c:

Bigsby

Nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
ive played almost every schecter 7 but i own a schecter c-7 standard which has pretty much the same neck profile as the ATX maybe a little thinner IIRC and while the neck is not thin, its certainly not a baseball bat i played the ibanez ARZ307 and the necks were very similar except the schecter being a tad more thicker and D Shaped, i've never played an agile so i can't give you my word on it but i would go for the ATX

Handbanana

Reaction score
I have yet to play an Agile, but my schecter isnt bad, the neck feels fine, my only complaint on my elite is the B string seems kinda flubby to me.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I have a Schecter C7 Hellraiser.

Great guitar, but the neck is massive. I would go for an LTD H-1007 instead.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Out of the guitars that you listed, I would go with the ATX. The neck isn't really that bad. However, Like ^that guy said, the ESP LTD H-1007 would be a good choice as well.

theleem

Reaction score
Yeah the more I'm looking at all these options, I'm liking the ATX more and more. I went to a couple guitar stores the other day and played a couple Schecter 7's(no ATX though) and i didn't have any trouble with the necks. Gotta hurry up and get my refund so I can buy this thing!

Rayaus

Reaction score
I've only tried one Agile, but I can definitely say the Schecters are higher quality. Maybe I just got a dud, but for me there's no comparison. I know the price can be tempting on those Agiles, but I'd say it's worth it to pay a little more for a Schecter.

theleem

Reaction score
Exactly! I mean it's hard not to consider a good looking guitar with blackouts for only $650 or so, but if the build quality is only mediocre, I'm not going to waste my time.

that short guy

Reaction score
I'm gonna put it this way... I'm 5'4'' and my hands fit my body. When I had my ATX I had no problem playing it. the neck felt really good. and was very comfortable to play.

but I can't tell you one way or another about comparing it to the agile, i've never played one of those.

theleem

Reaction score
thanks short guy, I think the deal is pretty much sealed on me picking up an ATX, I'll probably order it in the next few days if I can scrape together the cash. also nice to see a fellow Coloradan on here!

that short guy

Reaction score
thanks short guy, I think the deal is pretty much sealed on me picking up an ATX, I'll probably order it in the next few days if I can scrape together the cash. also nice to see a fellow Coloradan on here!

No problem, but I have to admit I'm from Texas, I'm just stationed at Fort Carson lol

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Just for reference Schecter 7 necks run 1 mm thicker than Ibby's wizard 7 necks.

amurowes

Reaction score
Yes, Blackjack SLS and ATX C-7 are of higher quality. Neckwise, it entirely depends on how you look at it and how comfortable you are with playing it.

To give you a better idea, here are 2 videos you might want to watch:

Hope that answers your questions.

')