Schecter 7's

Workman2113

Reaction score
Hey guys, so recently I have been posting about a new 7 string I've been gassing for whether it be the KM7, JL7, or a Washburn 7. I think I've ended it. I originally saw the A-6FR S, and thought id love it, but I'm on the market for a 7 string, schecter finally announced that they are making a 7 string version and I'm sold. My favorite color (Aqua burst), a 7string, sweet pickup, and a sustainiac, and a Floyd which I will probably put a tremel no on for the time being, but is nice to have for when the time is needed. What's your favorite Schecter? Photos please! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Workman2113

Reaction score
Bad ass!:shred:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 91

Workman2113

Reaction score
Stupid iPod! Trying to post both pics but it won't do it. Anyways here's the front! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 103

AJS

Reaction score
Dude, that's awesome. It's about time they made an sls 7 string with a sustainiac. My favorite is my Km7, but I think this board has seen more than enough of those.

Workman2113

Reaction score
Well spoken! You can't have enough KM7, it's a sexy guitar! I dig the trans White, you don't ever see a trans white, and I don't get why. Such a cool look, Haha. the new A-7 has the Nazgul in the bridge which is the pup I was originally wanting in my next 7 string. Plus a sustainiac would be fun to mess around on.

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
This is a combination that I most definitely like:
Avenger shape
7 String
26.5" Scale
3pc maple neck w/ Carbon reinforcement
12-16" Compound radius
No abalone purfling

However, don't these luminous inlay markers look a bit sloppy, or is this an effect from the carbon fiber binding?
avenger-fr-s-aqb-drum-city-binding-highres.jpg

Workman2113

Reaction score
Metal mortician, I think it might just be either a sloppy photo or the carbon fiber shining in that way. Either way I'm super stoked! I really dig the shape! Kind of wish they had stuck with the flamed top, but maybe I'll get the 6 string model later and will have the flamed and the quilted. Haha

Workman2113

Reaction score
It's kind of depressing they are only making 12 of the A-7 FR S exclusively at Drum City. Hopefully they will make more later on. I don't have the money right now to get one. If not I'm back to the drawing board. Ha

AJS

Reaction score
It's kind of depressing they are only making 12 of the A-7 FR S exclusively at Drum City. Hopefully they will make more later on. I don't have the money right now to get one. If not I'm back to the drawing board. Ha

Chances are that next winter they'll probably introduce something similar. Mostly I just want an SLS 7 string with the sustainiac, but they've all been exclusives so far, including the JL-7 sustainiac and this one.

Workman2113

Reaction score
Asopala, yeah hopefully. But it's made me move my focus back to the ibanez RGDfx violet chameleon. But I'm still paying off my last guitar so I have time to think about it. Maybe if they come out with it again by the time I'll rethink on it again.

Workman2113

Reaction score
I also dig the Schecter 7 string flying V's so maybe I'll check that out as well. Really starting to like schecter a lot. Originally I was a strict Ibanez guy but now schecter has stepped up their game with the sls necks. Which the necks were the only part that bugged me.

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
Yes sir, Deathbucker 7 in the bridge and an Alumitone 7 in the neck, each has its own push-pull volume pot for splitting, no pickup selector.

I've been looking at a KM7 for a next 7 string, and I'm fascinated by Lace pickups. So that is a current dream guitar/pickup combo.
How do the Laces sound in the KM7? Compared to the Nazgul/Sentient? Any problems with the mod?

Workman2113

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for reversed headstocks. Ha hopefully they will make the A-7 FR S more than they have so far.

rikomaru

Reaction score
Although the mounting rings leave me slightly puzzled, it seems as though Schecter is trying to keep all the win for themselves lately...........and I like it. >:D

')