Schecter 7's

Workman2113

Reaction score
Although the mounting rings leave me slightly puzzled, it seems as though Schecter is trying to keep all the win for themselves lately...........and I like it. >:D

So true but they were way behind for a long time it seemed like. Those old log necks were killing them. Only huge handed people seemed to be able to play them. I actually hated schecter for a long time because of the old necks. But they stepped it up a lot these days and now I really want a schecter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rikomaru

Reaction score
I was pretty comfortable with the neck on my C1-E/A. It was definitely thicker than what the wife has me used to, but in a nice way. I'd actually never heard a complaint about it until I started paying attention to this forum. lmao

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
This is a combination that I most definitely like:
Avenger shape
7 String
26.5" Scale
3pc maple neck w/ Carbon reinforcement
12-16" Compound radius
No abalone purfling

However, don't these luminous inlay markers look a bit sloppy, or is this an effect from the carbon fiber binding?
avenger-fr-s-aqb-drum-city-binding-highres.jpg

Wow, this is proof that God exists and that there's no cure for gas! I'm currently jamming every week with a band, I always bring one of my three A7's from 1999 and still loving them all!

As for the current line-up I'd pick anything with a nice flame maple top now that they've dropped the excess abalone on the fancier models.

Workman2113

Reaction score
The JL-7 fixed bridge looks really appealing as well. Digging the new EMGs and neck. I'm actually on the market for a fixed bridge, I already have an Ibanez S7420. Plus I'm mostly a rhythm player with ocasional soloing. Working on my solos tho. So the jl-7 is pretty nice. 26.5 scale, 24 frets with great access, and the slim neck on the new model.

Workman2113

Reaction score
As much as people hated the thicker necks, I'm almost positive that it wasn't causing them to lose sales. :lol: I've seen a ....ton of metalcore/deathcore dudes with Hellraisers. :lol:

Yeah I was really joking about it. Lol but I certainly didn't care for em myself. Killed my normal sized hands. I have long fingers but a small palm so they kinda equal out. But the smaller the neck the better. Although I can get around on an 8 string pretty well as long as the neck is thin. :p

Workman2113

Reaction score
Oh yeah! ^_^

Attachments

• 1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-e370704d8c15c4459cd2d5e3ccfb9f9c.jpg
    1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-e370704d8c15c4459cd2d5e3ccfb9f9c.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 22

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
The JL-7 fixed bridge looks really appealing as well. Digging the new EMGs and neck. I'm actually on the market for a fixed bridge, I already have an Ibanez S7420. Plus I'm mostly a rhythm player with ocasional soloing. Working on my solos tho. So the jl-7 is pretty nice. 26.5 scale, 24 frets with great access, and the slim neck on the new model.

I have a lot of guitars. Not as many as some, but a lot, and most of them cost more than the JL7. I'm seriously shocked at how much I like it...I hated the inlays but the more I played it the more I loved it. 10-52s with a 70 for the low B in drop A is perfect. It's a fantastic guitar, the neck is great and the finish on the neck is awesome. Clip in my sig is the JL7. Get one, you'll dig it.:shred:

Loom15 by Steinmetzify, on Flickr

Workman2113

Reaction score
Oh man, that is a beautiful pic of the JL-7. My favorite photo I've seen so far is the 2 side by side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 17
')