Schecter Banshee Series Discussion

Cobhc221

Reaction score
we've all knew this day would come.

Schecter Finally stepped up to the plate and brought us quality guitars this year for 2014 and my god do they all look pretty! Banshee

its really awesome for a company to be able to let you choose whether you'd like a trem or a non trem, Active or passive pickups and finally the choice of 6,7 and 8 string guitars.

i've recently played the Banshee FR 6 model and my god the neck felt like rubbing a fine Brazilian ass man.

i do like the approach of putting thick maple caps and 5 piece maple walnut necks.

i can't seem to find one thing bad about the guitar at all when i was playing one.

please leave you're experience with this model if you've played one or currently own one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fhtagn

Over the rainbow
Reaction score
Yeah that can be a problem in Brazil. :D

Back to guitars, if those make it to Europe I'm tempted.

Me too ! Not about rubbing butts, but sticks... :shred:
New Schecter are expected in april/may in France (see MetalGuitar news on FB)

chopeth85

Reaction score
I have purchased a 8 string lefty passive model and it supposed to arrive in a week so as soon as i can, ill make a review !

Reaction score
I became interested in the Banshee-6 Passive recently, but cannot find a lot of reviews or clips with them. There are also no Schecter dealers close to me, to actually try one myself.

Some of the listings show the '59/JB pickups and some show the Sentient/Nazgul. Is the first combo on the 2013 models and the latter on the 2014 models?

On paper, this looks like an awesome guitar. I just wish there was some more info out there on it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The 2013 passive models use the JB/'59 combo. The newer 2014 models use the Nazgul/Sentient.

Reaction score
The 2013 passive models use the JB/'59 combo. The newer 2014 models use the Nazgul/Sentient.

Thanks for confirming that. I wonder why there are almost no reviews of the 2013 model out there. It would be nice to compare the sound of the different pickups between the 2013 and 2014 models, or to just get any type of overall review.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
I think they look great overall - ebony boards, quality hardware, nice finishes including the faux natural binding. Only thing that gives me reservations about nabbing one is the rather bulky neck heel. These guitars would undoubtedly be nicer if they took a cue from Ibanez in their neck joint design. Still, overall the features for the price are quite nice.

One minor gripe I have is that the offset dots are messed up on the sevens and eights. They're perfectly aligned on the left side of the fretboard on the sixers, but on the sevens they're sort of under the E string, and on the 8s they're between the E and A strings. They obviously used the same machine to stamp all the guitars. A minor quibble, and heywhatdoyouexpectonasub$1kguitar, but kind of lame nonetheless.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Something tells me it was actually intentional. Look at the KM-7, they're also off on the lower frets.

Keith-Merrow-Schecter-KM-7-Guitar-690x213.jpg

Reaction score

Hows about this?

Thanks. That is one of the only ones that I could find. I really wanted to hear one with the passive pickups in it. There are a few on YouTube and a few reviews out there.

Hopefully there will be some more videos/reviews for the 2014 model as people start acquiring them.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I played a 2013 Banshee 6 FR with EMGs and it was absolutely fantastic. I have nothing bad to say about it. Considering how cheap those are going for ($600 NEW on ebay), I would snatch one up in a second if I needed another bolty super strat. Unfortunately I don't...

Cobhc221

Reaction score
I became interested in the Banshee-6 Passive recently, but cannot find a lot of reviews or clips with them. There are also no Schecter dealers close to me, to actually try one myself.

Some of the listings show the '59/JB pickups and some show the Sentient/Nazgul. Is the first combo on the 2013 models and the latter on the 2014 models?

On paper, this looks like an awesome guitar. I just wish there was some more info out there on it.

well im going to be making a short review on it Saturday.

im just going to go over how it looks, feels and plays. im going to try to keep it under 5mins or so.

Cobhc221

Reaction score
I think they look great overall - ebony boards, quality hardware, nice finishes including the faux natural binding. Only thing that gives me reservations about nabbing one is the rather bulky neck heel. These guitars would undoubtedly be nicer if they took a cue from Ibanez in their neck joint design. Still, overall the features for the price are quite nice.

One minor gripe I have is that the offset dots are messed up on the sevens and eights. They're perfectly aligned on the left side of the fretboard on the sixers, but on the sevens they're sort of under the E string, and on the 8s they're between the E and A strings. They obviously used the same machine to stamp all the guitars. A minor quibble, and heywhatdoyouexpectonasub$1kguitar, but kind of lame nonetheless.

i actually like the bulky heel on the guitar. im from that perspective of that a huge guitar heel gives the guitar alot of chunk. kinda like paul gilbert says haha. also i own an old 89 RG550 with the bulky heel so im used to it.

thedonal

Reaction score
That heel does look rather large.

But I'm fairly pleasantly surprised. With the Banshee name, I was expecting something looking a bit more...well BC Rich! :)

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
I would love to get my Hands on one of the 7 Banshees ! Curious how they compare to the Iron Label Series !

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I rather enjoy the look of that purple one Nikki Stringfield has. I might just be willing to kill someone for it. (Purple quilt? Yes please.) Not sure if it's any different than anything else schecter is offering, but the quilt/color looks nicer than any of the images I've seen on Schecter's page.

')