Schecter Blackjack ATX 7 Question

• Thread starter machinehead91
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

machinehead91

Reaction score
Hey guys, right, to cut a long story short, i own the same guitar as my friend. We both own schecter blackjack atx 7's, he bought his in april last year and i bought mine 7 months later in november

even though we both own the same guitar mine is considerably lighter and the neck is much much thinner, why is this?

And i also know NOTHING about the business side of schecter so i dont know when they bring out new models and such, which is probably the case here

thanks guys :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Red Beard

Reaction score
Maybe compare the serial numbers to see if they were made in differing years? For instance if one starts with 09 and the other 10 you may be able to safely assume that the differences can be chalked up to different model years?

guitarzombie

Punching your Salad
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Blackjack ATX. There was an older 2008 model in the shop, which was significantly heavier :) So this might be the oddity of the new ones.

ticklemeasian

Reaction score
well schecter is really great with making every guitar look the same, but when it comes to make every single guitar feel or sound the same is a different story. i played 3 different schecter c-1 elite and 1 was light as air, the other was 10+ pounds, and the last one was somewhere in between. the really light one sounded thin, the heavy one was really muddy and the last one sounded pretty good overall. the neck was pretty much the same on each though.

sell2792

Reaction score
Id imagine consistency is an issue for mass produced guitars on that scale, for any company.

mhenson42

Reaction score
I have an ATX. I got it used, 2010 model on ebay. Stated as used, but it was pretty much unplayed. It was lighter than expected, but it sounds good. so.... oh well. Makes me want to get something even better though.

')