Schecter Blackjack C-8 vs Agile 82527

• Thread starter Subz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Subz

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have been saving up for an 8 string and now finally have the money for one. I have narrowed it down to this Schecter and the fanned fret agile.Need help deciding which to get. :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
Agile.. Its a completely different guitar though. Both are great, agile has the schecter beat on scale length and cool factor. Either one will be great though

saovi

Reaction score
Either one would be cool but the Agile does have a longer scale length especially for the lower strings. The fanned fret thing is sick - but - my question is would you be locked into staying with active pickups because of the slant configuration in case you wanted to switch them with passive later down the road? I admit that I don't know really. But if that were the case, it would be a deal breaker and I would end up getting the Schecter instead.

anne

No privacy hedge.
Reaction score
The Agile's a great idea, but getting real pickups for it will be expensive.

Subz

Reaction score
The Agile's a great idea, but getting real pickups for it will be expensive.

Yeah the only pickups that seem to fit that cavity are the Lace bassbar pickups :(

Guitarman700

Reaction score
I think The Armada on here replaced his with an EMG bass pickup.
Could be wrong though, maybe he'll chime in!

Inception7

Tappy Tapper
Reaction score
I would go with the schecter. It's really a great sounding guitar. Even better when you go .85 on the F# string and .70 on the B. The blackouts are the best 8 string pickup in my humble opinion.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm voting Agile. Longer scale for the low end, and the high strings will sound even sweeter with the 25.5" scale. Plus all the mojo it comes with. :cool:

Pickups aren't super easy to get, but the Lace Alumitone will fit, as well as the EMG 45. Duncan's soapbar bass pickups would probably be a fit, and they may come out with 9 string Blackouts eventually (or maybe their custom shop can do it now... won't be cheap, but at least you'll only have to buy one).

Also, check out Nordstrand. nordstrand pickups > welcome

They do custom pickups. I can't say from experience, but I've heard their prices are actually very reasonable. They say they're some of the nicest people you'll ever deal with, too.

Latest posts

')