Schecter blackjack sls ex c-8 string questions

• Thread starter blackjackslsc8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

erdiablo666

I'm from Canada...and they think I'm slow...eh
Reaction score
BMMA I expect a NGD thread with a review when you get it. I'm totally thinking of jumping on the SLS C8 train.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BMMA

Reaction score
There are several NGD's on the SLS C-8 already :)
But I suppose I could do another one :agreed:
Have to wait a few days, though...

BMMA

Reaction score
Are you people sure there's the need for another NGD thread about an SLS C-8?
I could just PM you with a review about it and answer your questions personally, which I think would be more helpful for the ones interested than an entire thread :idea:

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
Are you people sure there's the need for another NGD thread about an SLS C-8?
I could just PM you with a review about it and answer your questions personally, which I think would be more helpful for the ones interested than an entire thread :idea:
dude... forum rules. EVERYONE posts an ngd for EVERY guitar..

Zado

Reaction score
...Wat. Which guitar did they deliver?

Maybe Mayones
fear.gif

Benny Boy

Reaction score
So I emailed Schecter directly about the stock gauges (Not been on this thread for a while so missed Steve Naples actually measuring the thing!) and got the following:

Subject: RE: Blackjack SLS C-8 String Gauge Query
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:49:57 +0000

Hello Ben,

Thank you for writing to us at Schecter Guitar Research. The exact string gauges for the Blackjack SLS C-8 are gauge- .080-.064-.046-.036-.026-.016-.012-.009

Thank you again for your interest and for all your support of Schecter Guitars. We greatly appreciate your time and your business. Enjoy the music and keep on rockin!

-The Schecter Team-​
So that's good, I feel more confident about trying a .086 for drop E. Not that I need it but I can't find any trace of this Ernie Ball .009 - .080 set...

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
So I emailed Schecter directly...

So that's good, I feel more confident about trying a .086 for drop E. Not that I need it but I can't find any trace of this Ernie Ball .009 - .080 set...

I've had trouble finding this ErnieBall set as well. I am most likely going to give Circle K's .010 to .082 Balanced set a try. I just am really hesitant to waste money on strings that may end up being too short for the 28" scale.

BMMA

Reaction score
...Wat. Which guitar did they deliver?

Man that sucks. I hope they fix it for you soon.

They did deliver an SLS C-8, but the Crimson Red version while I asked for the satin black one.
It's quite a lot of money, so I won't 'just settle' with this one.

I have to fix it myself, so I'm not even opening the package.
This way it'll stay brand new and I hopefully get the full price back if someone would like to buy it over here.

I've had trouble finding this ErnieBall set as well. I am most likely going to give Circle K's .010 to .082 Balanced set a try. I just am really hesitant to waste money on strings that may end up being too short for the 28" scale.

Circle K's are said to be 34 inches long, so I think/hope they'll just fit!!
Luckily you have locking tuners ;)

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
why dont you just take it up with sgr, its their problem and they will fix it. simple as that. dont try to sell it on here. you wont be able to get what you want for it.

BMMA

Reaction score
I live in Europe, that's why there's a problem.
Refund for twice the shipping costs of $115 and importing taxes of $300 will be half the price of the guitar itself.
AND I'm not really supposed to have it. The crimson red version isn't available in Europe yet, I believe, but still I have one.
So they turned a blind eye on me once, and won't do it another time :p

')