Schecter C-7 Apocalypse Opinions?

• Thread starter Carl Kolchak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Anyone here playing/played one? If so, what were your thoughts? I'd be especially interested in knowing how these are stacking up against the KM-7s.

MistaSnowman

Play It LOUD!!!
Reaction score
I have both the C-1 and the C-7. For me, I absolutely LOVE them! From the smooth feel of the neck to the stainless steel frets to the hot pickups...all tick of what I want in a guitar. The only thing I would change would be the tuners, but that's solely my opinion. I haven't played a KM7 so I'm unable to give you a fair comparison.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I've owned both. They feel pretty similar to be honest, but I think overall I like the KM7 more. The necks are different with the C-7 being much thicker. Even though it's very thick, it actually feels very comfortable. The KM7 neck is super thin, almost too thin at times. The body shape is way more comfortable with the KM7. That bevel feels great. The C-7 has this horrible lip that digs into your forarm. It can bery very uncomfortable. What the C-7 has over the KM7 though are those USA made Apocalypse pickups. Damn those things are fucking phenomenal! They are so clear, absolutely perfect EQ, and overall what makes the guitar worth it. If you have any specific questions about the two, let me know. Also I'm going to sell my C-7 if you're interested ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
+1 for the apocalypse pickups. I tried an apocalypse PT and it sounded fucking awesome for metal, those are some of the best stock pickups I've heard in a long time.
I haven't tried the C1 or C7 so I can't help as far as that goes.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
No but I guarantee that would be perfect! Sadly those pickups are $300.
ftfy. I've seen em go for 250$ and under since most people don't know much about them or ripped them out of an apocalypse and just want rid of them

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
ftfy. I've seen em go for 250$ and under since most people don't know much about them or ripped them out of an apocalypse and just want rid of them
Whoops, fixed that. Still even over $200 is a lot. Definitely worth the price, but still a lot for Schecter pickups.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
Whoops, fixed that. Still even over $200 is a lot. Definitely worth the price, but still a lot for Schecter pickups.
nah, it's worth the $, they're easily on par with bkps or other boutique pickups. just ask zimbloth at axe palace, he speaks highly of them as well

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I found a pretty good deal on a used KM-7, so I ended up going with that. Figure the money I saved buying used I can reinvest in a set of Apocalypses.
Definitely a good choice. I really miss my KM7 and may buy another one again.

yan12

Reaction score
I have posted in plenty of places...Schecter USA made pickups just kick ass all over many other companies if you like passive.
I just put another set of Apocalypse in a Sunset II-7....wicked. They clean up very well, split very well, and I think are the best overall rock and metal pickups you can buy for many styles.

If sludge is your thing, djent, perhaps something else is better. But in general, all USA made Schecter pickups will kick ass and are worth the price.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Regardless of whether you agree with KnightBrolaire's personal taste, one thing that cannot be disputed is his knowledge of pickups. Dude has tried a SHIT-TON and has his own thread for it. If he says they're worth it, you should trust him.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I have both the C-1 and the C-7. For me, I absolutely LOVE them! From the smooth feel of the neck to the stainless steel frets to the hot pickups...all tick of what I want in a guitar. The only thing I would change would be the tuners, but that's solely my opinion. I haven't played a KM7 so I'm unable to give you a fair comparison.
It's a shame the floyd version doesn't have stainless steel frets.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
So...interesting specs with the magnet combo....at least interesting to me and my unexpert knowledge.

Magnet
Alnico V direct coupled construction combined with ceramic 8 flanking magnets.

DEPLOY THE FLANKING MAGNETS!

Latest posts