Schecter c-7 fr problem

• Thread starter Unreal137
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unreal137

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just got a Schecter C-7 fr for chirstmas had it set up in the shop and now after changing strings i decided to tune up from Drop G to Drop A. Problem is the 2 screws in holding the floyd where you go to adjust the spring tension, the heads of the screws are just chipping away and stripping how do i remove these screws from the body in order to place in new screws?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just got a Schecter C-7 fr for chirstmas had it set up in the shop and now after changing strings i decided to tune up from Drop G to Drop A. Problem is the 2 screws in holding the floyd where you go to adjust the spring tension, the heads of the screws are just chipping away and stripping how do i remove these screws from the body in order to place in new screws?

Remove them with a screw driver, or pair of pliers when there are no strings on the guitar. Take them with you to Home Depot (or Ace, or any local hardware store) and get a pair of higher grade galvanized wood screws that are roughly the same size (having them sightly bigger wouldn't hurt).

If you feel that the shop that set the guitar up last was at fault, then by all means, take it back to them, to have them replace the screws. Any legit shop should do it for free.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks man that helped a lot! I will most likely take it to the shop if not then I will have to do it myself

Either way, it would probably be good for you to get a better set of screws from a hardware store. They're incredibly cheap (some places even sell them by the pound for a couple bucks), and they'll be far more resistant to stripping. Especially when the trem is under tension, which is probably why they stripped in the first place.