Schecter C7 +

• Thread starter jim777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Anyone got one of these oldies? Are they worth the 400 price tag when they eventually show up on ebay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
No. The older Schecters have GHASTLY necks and neckjoints compared to the new ones. They also weigh twice as much and have crappy pickups. There's a dealer selling a new RG7421 for $399. I'd recommend that, or getting the C7 Blackjack which is a FANTASTIC guitar/value.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Are those the ones with the bolt on necks, fugly headstocks, and Duncan Designed pickups? If so than I'd say hell no. The new Schecters are set neck, nice headstock, bound body and neck, and have real Duncan pickups all for $599.

Rev.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
There is a nice one on E bay actually, I saw it last night. I like it too, it's nice. I don't know how much they are worth though.....

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm not looking for an extended scale instrument, or one that only comes in black. I was under the impression the +'s were a bit nicer than the standard C7's, but I've never played one. No big

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
26.5 is hardly a big deal. I didnt really feel any difference. Anyways, yes the C7+ is setneck, it just has a really clumsy neck/neckjoint and it doesnt sound very good, doesnt play very good, has crap pickups, crap hardware, etc.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The H207 is far above and beyond those, in all seriousness.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
The H207 is far above and beyond those, in all seriousness.

Really? They go for half the price. I may just go for an oddball, like a Flying V7 if I can find one cheap. But I always liked the look of the C7+. I'm not buying something that needs fretwork, though.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
They're fine guitars, but upper fret access is completely awful. I guess saying "far above and beyond" is kind of a misnomer, I mean. At that price it's that way (with H207's usual price on ebay) so that's what I meant by that.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
jim777 said:
Really? They go for half the price. I may just go for an oddball, like a Flying V7 if I can find one cheap. But I always liked the look of the C7+. I'm not buying something that needs fretwork, though.

The Schecter's fretwork is generally far superior, but the design of the H207 is better - the heel on the C7+ kept me from buying one.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I snagged this C7+ on eBay a few days ago: link

Having owned a C7 Blackjack, as well as old A7 Elite and a V7, I'll be curious to compare.

--I snagged this one incredibly dirt cheap, so why the hell not?

--the long scale on the Blackjack really bothered me. I gotta have 25.5".

--The frets on the Schecter Diamond Series guitars have always been better than on LTDs, based on my experience with the A7 Elite and V7. In fact, the Elite is one of the few sevens I've owned that I kinda regret selling. That was a nice one.

--Pickups are cheap and easy to replace. I end up replacing 'em in about 90% of the guitars I buy.

--The bigger neck heel is kind of a pain, but not a deal breaker. My Viper-407 also has a pretty big heel, and I've gotten used to that. Also, the Ibanez AANJ heel is the only bolt-on heel that never got in my way. The ESP designs are ok, but I have to wonder if the 207's heel is any more low profile than this C7+

--I'm not looking for perfection, just something to tide me over without annoyance until I can get something expensive and cool.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
I snagged this C7+ on eBay a few days ago: link

Didn't you pick up a 7621 not too long ago? How many guitars are you up to now?

Chris continues his quest to own one of every 7 string...

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
You got a steal on that guitar! My custom 7620 will be ready in the next two weeks, and my Carvin will be here in March, so I'm just looking for a decent stop tail. I don't need anything to be my best guitar by any means, and I don't play out anymore either anyway. I'd love to hear what you think of it once you get it.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Didn't you pick up a 7621 not too long ago? How many guitars are you up to now?

Chris continues his quest to own one of every 7 string...

Well, at least all the cheap ones. :)

As my sevens, I've currently got a 7621, a Viper-407 and the Fernandes Revolver Pro. Once the C7+ arrives, I'm going to make some hard choices and scale it back to one or maybe two 7-stringers. The idea being to start freeing up some funds so that I can get something decent in the next year or so. Every seven I've had has either been lower-end stuff or designed to someone else's specs.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
jim777 said:
You got a steal on that guitar! My custom 7620 will be ready in the next two weeks, and my Carvin will be here in March, so I'm just looking for a decent stop tail. I don't need anything to be my best guitar by any means, and I don't play out anymore either anyway. I'd love to hear what you think of it once you get it.

Yeah, I couldn't resist this one at that price. I just happened to get lucky and sign on to eBay at the right time while this was still available--I doubt it would have lasted long. I'll definitely post a review and some pics once I get the guitar--most likely early next week.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's supposed to have a mahogany body as well, which to me is a big plus. Can't wait until you get it :lol:

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
Well, at least all the cheap ones. :)

As my sevens, I've currently got a 7621, a Viper-407 and the Fernandes Revolver Pro. Once the C7+ arrives, I'm going to make some hard choices and scale it back to one or maybe two 7-stringers. The idea being to start freeing up some funds so that I can get something decent in the next year or so. Every seven I've had has either been lower-end stuff or designed to someone else's specs.

Hmm. Maybe I can get to try the Viper before you sell it. I should probably be quick about, if history is any guide. :lol:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Hmm. Maybe I can get to try the Viper before you sell it. I should probably be quick about, if history is any guide. :lol:

:lol:

I'm sure I could hold off for a few days to accommodate you.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:

Since I have a new toy coming in myself, may I suggest a meet up with beers and guitars day? :idea:

')