Schecter C7 +

• Thread starter jim777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
Sounds like a plan to me.

If we pick a nice (temperature) day, we could always head over to my old singer's storage space in Springfield, where he practices. I have my full rig stored there, and more importantly, we can CRANK. :shred:

However, since hanging out in a storage space kinda sucks, I totally understand if that's not what we want to do. I just can't think of anywhere else we can go and blast an amp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarjitsumaster

seven times seven
Reaction score
I have to weigh in on this. I think the older schecters get a bad rap. My A-7 I must say has superior frets even as compared to the new 7620 I just got and I love my new 7620. The profile and size of the frets to my hands are just better theyre very smooth and let my fingers glide across the neck rarely touching the fretboard. The neck is a bit bigger then my 7620 but with the frets the way they are letting my fingers glide as it were, its not such a big deal. I will admit that the upper fret access is much better on the ibanez but its not a deal breaker like it was said earlier. Bending and bluesy type work is also much better on the schecter. The pickups do need to be replaced but like a it was said earlier I usually have to do that with all my guitars anyhow.

Ill break it down simply.

Long noodeling sessions = 7620

Playing a long set at a concert with lots of riffage and solo's every once in a while = Schecter A-7 (its just a lot more comfortable for lower fret riffing)

Though I love them both and use them equally

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
noodles said:
If we pick a nice (temperature) day, we could always head over to my old singer's storage space in Springfield, where he practices. I have my full rig stored there, and more importantly, we can CRANK. :shred:

Hmm. I don't have anything new to bring...

Then again, do I really *need* to bring anything new? ;)

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Hmm. I don't have anything new to bring...

I have never heard the 'burn plugged in, you know...

Then again, do I really *need* to bring anything new? ;)

I would gladly spend hours playing your Soloist. As I send when I first met you about five years ago, it is the most comfortable seven string neck I have ever played.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
guitarjitsumaster said:
I have to weigh in on this. I think the older schecters get a bad rap.

I agree. Aesthetically, the newer ones might be more pleasing, but they've always been pretty high quality guitars and good value for the money. In terms of playability and sound, I'd put my old A7 Elite neckthru up against many guitars costing well above $1000. The only reason I got rid of it was because that body shape wasn't very comfortable.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:

However, since hanging out in a storage space kinda sucks, I totally understand if that's not what we want to do. I just can't think of anywhere else we can go and blast an amp.

That would work for me. Certainly can't blast anything in my apartment, and having your setup ready to go is a plus.

behemoth

Reaction score
I don´t like the Schecters, the neck is very Thick, and I like Ibanez stile necks. Its a personal choice, a lot of people like other specs. Not me.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got the C7+ from the friendly UPS man (finally!!). I'll post a full review in the "reviews" section here when I've had a chance to set it up to my specifications and jam with it for awhile.

Today I had to rush back to the office, so I could only crank it up for a couple of minutes. A few preliminary comments:

--Heavier than my C7 Blackjack was, and I think maybe slightly better sounding. Fuller. That's strictly in terms of the 'natural' sound. The Duncan Design pickups are pure crap and will come out at the earliest opportunity, though I must say that this is the first guitar I've had with DDs that I didn't immediately want to destroy the pickups--speaks well for the guitar's natural sound.

--The neck is set very deeply into the body. The positive of this is that the guitar balances better than any other 7-string I've played, given that 7-strings tend to be neck-heavy due to the extra weight of that wide neck. The negative is that frets 23-24 are a bit hard to reach. The bigger neck heel is not a factor--it's not very difficult to play on the frets up through 22, and the bigger heel makes a noticeable difference in how much punch the notes on the upper frets have, as compared to the Blackjack.

--The guitar was made in '99, and yet already the output jack and 3-way switch are on their last legs. Schecter has definitely upgraded its hardware quality since then. Not a biggie, though--jack and switch will be easily replaced when I do a pickup swap. I'd like to install the Petrucci-style splitting 3-way switch, if possible. I wish this guitar had a 5-way switch like the Blackjack.

--Frets are great, just like on almost all the other Schecters I've played. Not a single sharp end or dead spot to be found, and they are nice and jumbo, unlike the medium frets that ESP uses on its LTD guitars. The neck is the same fat profile as on the Blackjack, which isn't bad once you get used to it. Pretty comfortable, actually.

')