Schecter Damien 7 or C-7 Blackjack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alquemy

Reaction score
Hello all
I'm looking into getting a new 7-string and would like some expert opinions. I have a little over 400 bucks in trade for an amp. With that I could straight-up trade for a Damien 7...but I'm also very accustomed to using a Seymour JB in the bridge position. So, what do ya'llz think? Should I spend a couple hundred dollars more to get the C-7? or should I just go with the Damien 7? What are the EMG's like on that one? I'm looking into using this guitar almost strictly for super-techy death metal/noise/ambient/free improv music...think Pig Destroyer meets Painkiller. Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
alquemy said:
Hello all
I'm looking into getting a new 7-string and would like some expert opinions. I have a little over 400 bucks in trade for an amp. With that I could straight-up trade for a Damien 7...but I'm also very accustomed to using a Seymour JB in the bridge position. So, what do ya'llz think? Should I spend a couple hundred dollars more to get the C-7? or should I just go with the Damien 7? What are the EMG's like on that one? I'm looking into using this guitar almost strictly for super-techy death metal/noise/ambient/free improv music...think Pig Destroyer meets Painkiller. Thanks!

I would probably spend the extra cash to get a neck-through guitar myself. You may also want to look at the Hellraiser as well (EMG-707s). I personally went with the Hellraiser myself, and I am also a hardcore metalhead...though I prefer a more typical Black Metal sound myself.

There was a C-7 on these forums being sold for a reasonable price with case...I think $400/shipped, so you might want to check that out too if you can get cash instead of trade in credit.

If going through a dealer I recomment Drum City. They are the top Schecter dealer, period and Jason give great service. I have had the worst luck in the world with my Hellraiser, but I know this is a rarity with Schecter, and they are getting me a replacement guitar next week. Nobody else has gone throught this so don't worry about it. God just hates me. :mad:

Snarlly

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was close to buying a C7 myself. Seymour Duncan pickups were a huge plus to me. I wouldn't buy a guitar with EMGs again, I had a set and thought they were useless for Death Metal altogether, especially anything technical.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
I have had the worst luck in the world with my Hellraiser, but I know this is a rarity with Schecter, and they are getting me a replacement guitar next week. Nobody else has gone throught this so don't worry about it. God just hates me. :mad:

Snarlly

What's wrong?

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
I have had the worst luck in the world with my Hellraiser, but I know this is a rarity with Schecter, and they are getting me a replacement guitar next week. Nobody else has gone throught this so don't worry about it. God just hates me. :mad:

Snarlly

Drag, dude. Hope the new one works perfectly and you rock like never before.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Snarll
I have had the worst luck in the world with my Hellraiser, but I know this is a rarity with Schecter, and they are getting me a replacement guitar next week. Nobody else has gone throught this so don't worry about it. God just hates me.

Snarlly

What's wrong?

God just hates me.

lol

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I think you'd like the C-7. The Seymour Duncans are great for controlled feedback. I really liked the sound of mine through a wah. But, EMGs are better for everything else, IMO, the picking sounds more even and harmonics are easier to get. It's just that when I had the duncans (actually, they were duncan design), the A-7 would feedback perfectly. It was beautiful. The EMGs... no, it's a higher pitched sound that I try to avoid.

The thing that sucks is you really have to get amps and guitars up to regular rehearsal volume before you'll actually hear what the tone is like. Everything else is just speculation.

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
What happened with your hellraiser? My next guitar will most likely be a C-7 Hellraiser and I'll most likely be getting it from drum city. How's the neck on it feel? How thin compared to ibanez necks? Anything you can tell me about this guitar would be sweet.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
Shannon said:
What's wrong?

My first Schecter 6 came with an inlay poped-out volume knob. :noway: No biggie, I got a replacement 3 weeks or so later.

Next I ordered an Schecter Elite 7 in see-through black. It arrived with the pot completely broken. :spock: So, I mailed it back to Musicians Friend. No other see-through black models seemed to be available that I could find, soI decide I would rather have a Hellraiser anyway. So, I order it from Drum City since people here spoke so highly of them.

LOL, ok I ordered it from Drum City on June 18th. The guitar arrived a few days later (I paid extra for expedited shipping.) When it arrived the bridge pick-up was not working. Tech support (at Drum City and Schecter) said it was a bad switch and sent me a new switch. So 5 days or so later....I got to pull out my soldering iron and re-wire my brand new guitar. :scratch: Still didn't work.

Next I began switching around leads to try to isolate the problem. Finally I say, screw it! This is a brand new guitar, and I shouldn't have to re-wire it.

Schecter had UPS pick it up a few days later. Tech support replaces the bad bridge pick-up and mail it back to me a few days later.

The guitar arrives, and the pick-up works! But, the guitar now has a hair-line crack in the neck!!!! :wallbash: I call Schecter back and they schedule another pick up by UPS, but I am told it will be a LONG wait because Schecter has zero Hellraisers in stock. Jason at Drum City is cool and says he will talk to Schecter and mail me one he has in stock once he gets approval that he will get credit from Schecter.

So, from what I hear the guitar will be shipped out today.

So from what I hear, I have had the worst luck ever in the history of being a Schecter customer. As I said before...God hates me. :nono:

Snarlly

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
oh damn thats some horrible luck! i hope things turn for the better soon.

Lor3x

Reaction score
Here the C7... great buy :yesway:

Attachments

• C7 Blackjack .jpg
    C7 Blackjack .jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 45

dude777

Reaction score
so the damien 7 is no good? i dont have a job (not old enough) but i have 200$ i can get another 200 after christmas. i wanted to get the damien 7 because, easy emg switch out extended scale and price

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't tried the Damien-7, but I just got a C-7 Blackjack, and it rocks. Haven't had it long enough to give it a full assessment, but I like it so far. Incredible value for the money.

The specs on the Damien look ok, but it has a basswood body, unfortunately, which I personally don't like on 7-strings (though I'm sure the Ibanez fans here disagree). Also, consider that installing active EMGs on a Damien is going to set you back another $200 or so for the cost of aftermarket pickups, which comes pretty close to the price you'd pay for a new C-7 Blackjack, though not quite as much as the Hellraiser.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
seen Jeff's (nevermore) Hellraiser...and sounds great in his hands..But i hate the headstocks on Schecters they need more options...I would go for the Damien....

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Damiens/omens = the Squier of schecter 7 strings.

Well, they are the most affordable Schecter 7s. I love the look of the Damien. I just wish they'd make a neck-thru model. It'd be a great sidekick to my Blackjack C-7. :hbang:

dude777

Reaction score
well i wasnt going to immeadeatly replace the pups i only have 200$

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
(this has all probably been said already)

first off, sell the amp. you are gonna get ripped off if you trade it in, so dont. im sure someone in your general area (2 hour radius :p) wants the amp you're parting with, and will pay a fair price for it.

2nd, get the C-7. if you can afford to get the better guitar, why wouldnt you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')