Schecter Damien Platinum 8

• Thread starter House74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

House74

Perfect Djentleman
Reaction score
Any of u guys pick one of these up? I'm thinking about getting one in the near future. With a 28" scale and set neck, seems like a decent deal for the cost. I'm slightly worried about the scale length though feeling tooo long. Has anyone here had experience playing one of these? Much difference from the 26.5" feel wise? Any feedback much appreciated! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I don't own one, but I do own a guitar with a 28" scale, and they do feel pretty different. Bar chords on the lower frets become a little more difficult, but they're still fairly easily doable. I actually really like the longer scale overall. You get really nice tones out of lower tunings. I'd love to have an 8 with this scale length, and actually feel it's ideal for 8's in general. (if you're using the 8 to extend the range lower, anyway, and not higher.)

lewstherin006

Reaction score
I had one of these. The only reason I got it was because it was cheap on amazon. The guitar it self is ok, but I didnt like the EMG 808s and I didnt like the forearm counter at ALL. It was very uncomforable for me. I returned it and ordered a Carvin DC800.

The Schecter is a good guitar, but it wasnt for me.

Rommel

Reaction score
The scale length will take a little getting used to. Mostly with how you position the guitar when you play/practice. It's a good guitar, overlooked probably because of the inlays, but specwise it's a good one.

Toxic Dover

Reaction score
I can't comment on the guitar itself, but for a while I had an Agile Intrepid 828 (28 5/8" scale)... Admittedly, it did take some getting used to at first. A good couple days at least. But once you play around with it for a while it doesn't feel all that foreign. Once your fingers get used to the extra stretches, it'll feel normal.

All that being said though, some people love it and some hate it... If the price is right, it's worth taking the chance on IMO.

House74

Perfect Djentleman
Reaction score
Thanks all! Appreciate the feedback, if I see one for a decent price I might pull the trigger. I'm itching for my first NGD post anyways!:shred:

jhkillam

Reaction score
I ordered one from zzounds, it's arriving soon. They price matched a clearance at my local Guitar Center, at $475. Can't wait!

House74

Perfect Djentleman
Reaction score
I ordered one from zzounds, it's arriving soon. They price matched a clearance at my local Guitar Center, at $475. Can't wait!

Sweet dude! Thats an awesome price for that! Think u can get me a copy of that sales slip? I could use it to get one through a price match at GC maybe. Or even a sales ad u saw maybe? Id love to hear more about it once u get it in too how long is it supposed to take?

Latest posts

')