Schecter Demon 7 Project Guitar - Input needed!

drewfitz11

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So call me crazy, but I love the feel of my Schecter Demon 7 (a budget guitar I found for $250 in a local music store) but I'm not a fan of the way it looks, so my plan is to make it a project guitar.
Right now it has a gloss finish and chrome hardware, which I plan to strip down, and give a pinstripe look (see syn gates signature model) or give it a swirl finish. As for the hardware I'll be swapping it out for black hardware.
The pickups in it right now are just the stock Seymour Duncan Blackouts, so I plan to make the switch to passive pups and slap some bkps in there, not quite sure which model yet!

Any other ideas or input would be greatly appreciated! I'd love to hear the color combos you guys think would looks best, or which bkps i should decide on! I'll be sure to post progress picks as well as the final product in this thread!

Here it is in action now, I made a small clip of the intro to Berzerker by ATB, i cant wait to hear how it sounds after I swap the pups! :hbang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFY4EN6G-5o

...my apologies for the smartphone quality pics :erk:

Attachments

• IMG_20140821_141445.jpg
    IMG_20140821_141445.jpg
    652.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2015-02-23 09.04.06 1.jpg
    2015-02-23 09.04.06 1.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hywel

Reaction score
Nice playing in that clip! You'll probably want soapbar covers on the BKPs to cover up the active routs but I've no idea which ones would suit the guitar best. Warpigs maybe?

The Seymour Duncan Sentient/Nazgul or Black Winters might also be a good fit and come in active sized covers.

You might have to drill a grounding wire to the bridge and the pots will need to be changed to 500k as well.

Black hardware sounds good, as does swirling. I quite like the single colour swirls, white might be a good option that sorta combines your 2 ideas :)

BlackandWhiteSwirlTwo.jpg

EDIT - That finish with BKP battleworn black covers would look sick!