Schecter Explorer poll: you vote!

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kherman

Reaction score
Destroyer influenced rear with a Iceman influenced horn.
Too bad it has a pickguard.

IbanezIcemanPaulStanleySignature1.jpg

Destroyer-DT520-900b.jpg

original_354c20bb3bb3c544eebc5542129959bf.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
The first one for me. The bloody one is tacky and the amber one reminds me too much of the Ibanez Destroyer. Not a bad thing, but the silver is more sleek and unique :) a reverse headstock and black pickguard would tie it all together perfectly for me!

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
what's wrong with the pickguard?! it's great.

imo- It needs to follow the edge of the body along the bottom edge... rather than just being perfectly straight. Along the opposite edge it needs to run parallel with the pups and neck... either stopping at the edge of the pup-rings or even going further up [under the strings] to run parallel with the top edge of the pup-rings. As for the ~ shape of the edge closest to the volume knob, it needs to come further down towards the knobs and be straight or angled as opposed to that little curvy ~ shaped edge.

Too much conflicting/ contrasting going on with it. That's what gives this otherwise stunningly understated top a weird vibe....

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ i think that all you've mentioned are what makes its design cool. i mean otherwise it would be very close to an original Explorer and that would be kind of boring. that pickguard and color scheme are part of what set this guitar (edit) apart from other more 'generic' designs (/edit).

Edika

Reaction score
Concerning the pick guard, even though it looks nice it doesn't do exactly what the Gibson Explorer pick guard does. So from a functionality aspect it could just be absent, as in the graphics model.
I have had several guitars without pick guards and I have never managed to create pick scratches. I actually am surprised how people manage to, unless they're playing some form of punk or just violently strumming the guitar.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Yeah, pickguards are largely aesthetic. Case in point, why have it on the horn at all? I mean outside of the Gibson model, which has it go there for obvious practicle reasons. I don't know which I prefer though. I really do like the pickguard, but it looks nice without it too. Hopefully there will be floyded and pickguardless versions of the two non graphic ones.

Zado

Reaction score
Still,if they don't mess up things, it will be possible to get something not too far from this without selling organs
xstroyerinset.png

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Is that a sustainer in the neck or some weird kind of double minihumbucker thing? Either way, I'd like to play it.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
looks similar to a BKP Blackhawk in design. but the picture looks old so it can't be that.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Just looked into it a bit. Likely a Dimarzio Fast track and the Jackson sustainer. Ditch the middle hum and I'd like to try something similar. I love those sc sized humbuckers, and sustainers are just fun.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
looks similar to a BKP Blackhawk in design. but the picture looks old so it can't be that.

It's actually newer than the Black Hawk. I think he got this guitar back in 2013 or 2014.

And as said above, it's a SC-sized humbucker with a Jackson sustainer pickup.

')