Schecter Explorer poll: you vote!

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So, I guess this is worth a bump. The poll results seem to have given us this:

12510279_1242484482435027_8373504893020712986_n.jpg

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^Absolutely agreed! But the block inlays can stay. :agreed:

edit: Oh boy, the blood splattered one was in second place? :noplease:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Since there's no switch on the pickguard, it looks like you can remove the pickguard with no routing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The SS seems a lot like a Duncan SH-5 judging by the description. If it's under $800, I'm definitely saving for one.

Zado

Reaction score
I remember a guy playing their pups and givin me some descriptions about them.. the Sunset Strip should be sort of a Schecter's take on a Duncan Distortion, and essentially the most 80's oriented pickup, with a top end that would remind the DD but the muscularity of a DiMarzio. No doubt an interesting concept

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
By far one of the best looking explorer clones I've seen. Still, if they don't add a string, my wallet is safe. I have too many six string explorers, including a Gibson, I just don't care for another right now. If they make a seven though, it'd be a dream come true for this poor loser.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone complains about all black guitar rosters
Schecter releases quilted maple, orange top guitar as winner of online poll and listening to consumers
People make mock-up asking for a gloss black version

There's no winning for them is there?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
By far one of the best looking explorer clones I've seen. Still, if they don't add a string, my wallet is safe. I have too many six string explorers, including a Gibson, I just don't care for another right now. If they make a seven though, it'd be a dream come true for this poor loser.

I'm guessing they're going to release this to test the waters.

If it does good (which I HOPE it does since it's probably my favorite Explorer clone right now), then I'd imagine we'll get some E-1's (the model name) in several different series, as well as an ERG one or two.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I'm guessing they're going to release this to test the waters.

If it does good (which I HOPE it does since it's probably my favorite Explorer clone right now), then I'd imagine we'll get some E-1's (the model name) in several different series, as well as an ERG one or two.

I may have to drop some money on one then to show my interest. :lol:

Legit, explorers are my favorite guitar shape. I want a seven string so bad I've begun to make my own. I have no wood-working skills either, so I don't anticipate it looking any good.

Zado

Reaction score
Everyone complains about all black guitar rosters
Schecter releases quilted maple, orange top guitar as winner of online poll and listening to consumers
People make mock-up asking for a gloss black version

There's no winning for them is there?

I just think Explorers look better in gloss white or black :shrug:

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Then you're in luck! Gibson has been making gloss black explorers for a while now, and you can find them for decent used prices.

Edit: Also, destroyers and LTD's EX series both come in black gloss. The ibby being pretty close to the Schecter shape too.

')