Schecter finally ends debate about neck sizes

• Thread starter rfseet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
Really cool. Doesn't affect me that much though because I can play on pretty much every neck profile. Fret size is a bigger factor for me :lol:
Now all they need to do is stop making their fucking website in flash...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It only took a couple decades. :lol:

Though it'd be nice if every company posted diagrams of the contours of thier necks.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I also really only care about fret size and nut width, but manufacturers posting more specific specs is always a good thing in my book. I wish they'd specify the dimensions of the fret wire instead of using variations of 'Jumbo' :lol:

five_magics

Reaction score
What's the fret wire on the Loomis?
I don't think there is another production gutiar out there with such big frets. The extra jumbo frets on my ESP are tiny compared to the frets on my Loomis.
Though both guitars are said to have XJ frets on their manufacturer's site..

Xodus

Reaction score
So, the necks on the C-1s are not as wide as a non-Prestige Ibanez (42-56 vs. 43-58 on the Ibanez) and are 1mm thicker. A C-8's neck compared to a RGA8 is the same thickness at the first fret and .5mm thicker at the 12th. Baseball bat my ass. Now I really want one of these things.

BTW if you couldn't figure this out from my post they have ERG specs up now.

Reaction score
I guess releasing neck profile info, doens't change d actual neck, still a plus.

Xodus try one first, in theory it might look good, and not 2 different from each other, but once you play them both u'll notice d diference in shape and playability.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
So, the necks on the C-1s are not as wide as a non-Prestige Ibanez (42-56 vs. 43-58 on the Ibanez) and are 1mm thicker. A C-8's neck compared to a RGA8 is the same thickness at the first fret and .5mm thicker at the 12th. Baseball bat my ass. Now I really want one of these things.

I think a lot of the baseball bat complaints could be chalked up to the neck profile - at least that's what it seems like to me.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^:yesway:

Round v. Flat. I own multiple Schecters and multiple Ibbys. I love both groups. :)

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
C-1 SPecs since nobody posted it in the thread

Scale Length: 648mm/25.5”
A: Width at Nut- 42mm
B: Width at Last Fret- 56mm
C: Thickness at 1st Fret- 20mm
D: Thickness at 12th Fret- 22mm
Radius: 355mm/14”

What's the fret wire on the Loomis?
I don't think there is another production gutiar out there with such big frets. The extra jumbo frets on my ESP are tiny compared to the frets on my Loomis.
Though both guitars are said to have XJ frets on their manufacturer's site..

Take it you never played a RC7 then?

Seems many of the smaller companies like Guerilla Guitars do a better job advertising all the neck and fretwire diminsions.

Too bad their necks feel like softball bats.... Even Dino told them guitars are really nice but their necks suck at NAMM :lol:

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
i always hated the crybaby "SCHECTERS HAVE BASEBALL BATS" behavior. I feel like most people hadnt even given them a chance. Its nice the facts are there now.

In all honesty it just comes down to feel right? i have some schecters ive used and loved others ive hated, same with ibbys. SOoooooo its all in the feel regardless of the math.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Schecter have impressed me recently by putting up specs and having a vault section on their website with older catalogs and it's the sort of thing that more guitar makers should be doing.

As for their the "baseball bat" reputation it's unfair as some of their earliest 7 string models might not have had great spec but they deserve respect cause apart from Ibanez Schecter are the only company that remained committed to making 7's (unlike Fender, Epiphone, ESP, Jackson and Peavey who all jumped on the bandwagon) and they've really improved upon those early models.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score

Actually I've yet to play a Schecter 8 string neck I didn't love. They are actually pretty thin. BUT, I HATE their 7 string necks. They're just horrible to me

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
i always hated the crybaby "SCHECTERS HAVE BASEBALL BATS" behavior. I feel like most people hadnt even given them a chance. Its nice the facts are there now.

In all honesty it just comes down to feel right? i have some schecters ive used and loved others ive hated, same with ibbys. SOoooooo its all in the feel regardless of the math.

But they are baseball bats. :(

I've had 4 different Schecters 7's and they were all really uncomfortable to play (one was even 25.5", so we can't chalk it up to that awful scale length they like to use these days).

And the facts still show that they are larger than the Wizard-7. :shrug:

Murmel

Reaction score
I can't even imagine how small hands some of you guys must have. I had no problems what so ever playing a Schecter 7 and my hands aren't any bigger than the average hand.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
They should probably just make some more Avengers.
That would please me.

Latest posts

')