Schecter finally ends debate about neck sizes

• Thread starter rfseet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
It seems like all the manufacturers are all over small necks. There are a "few" of us out there that like a big fat neck. It's hard to find a rock guitar that isn't a Fender or Les Paul that has a big fat neck.
I have never really considered Schecter. The only place to buy them in Austin is Guitar Center, and I refuse to buy from them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
I like the Schecter 7-string profile, especially over the Ibanez one. :shrug:

And I have pretty small hands.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
It seems like all the manufacturers are all over small necks. There are a "few" of us out there that like a big fat neck. It's hard to find a rock guitar that isn't a Fender or Les Paul that has a big fat neck.
I have never really considered Schecter. The only place to buy them in Austin is Guitar Center, and I refuse to buy from them.
You could just test them at Guitar Center, and then order it online from Musician's Friend, American Musical Supply, Zzounds, Sam Ash, etc.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
But they are baseball bats. :(

I've had 4 different Schecters 7's and they were all really uncomfortable to play (one was even 25.5", so we can't chalk it up to that awful scale length they like to use these days).

And the facts still show that they are larger than the Wizard-7. :shrug:
but its still a matter of feel, is what i am saying

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I have fairly large hands, so I don't mind the Schecter necks. But they're not my preference. I like the Ibanez Wizard II-7.

')