Schecter Hellraiser C-7

• Thread starter King Snarll
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
I'm new here, so be gentle. =P

I recently ordered one of these from my local guitar store. Yes, this will be my first true 7-string. I had a Schecter Elite 007 briefly, but the tone knob came broken from Musicians Friend so I had to return it...and evidently, it was the last 007 in black in the US or something, as I could not find another (and I don't want a Black Cherry guitar.)

Has anyone been able to get their hands on one of these Hellraiser C-7s yet? I am told that they are only made for special orders. It this true? Or just a weak excuse from my local store?

Anyway, if anyone has any hands-on expeience with this guitar I would love to hear about it. I ordered it 2 weeks ago, and was told 30-60 days for delivery...so it may be a while. Anything to tide me over would rule.

FYI, I like all types of music from classical to death metal. Most the time I am listening to metal though. :hbang: And if you guys aren't listening to Soilwork, I highly recommend them. (And Opeth, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir, Meshuggah, etc...)

King Snarll

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digital Black

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I've never had any extended time on a Schecter, but I've never heard anything bad about thier 7's..

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:wavey: Welcome, man.
I, too, have only played Schecters briefly here and there. They are nice.
Im an exclusive Ibanez player but I do like Schecters.:yesway:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, let me give you an awesome suggestion. Either you cancel your order and order it from:

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com

as they have them in stock right now (they're NOT only made to order, that's BS) or, go to Musician's Friend and check out the Shecter BlackJack C-7 as they're awesome and now in stock all the time.

I purchased a C-7 through Musician's Friend and love it. I've always been a fan of the Duncan JB-7 pickup and it comes stock in the Schecter which is awesome. Mine came setup very well, perfect intonation even after all that shipping and plays great. Anyhow, those are my suggestions.

Rev.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
Damn, its too late for that. I paid for the guitar in full already. No way I can cancel now and get my cash. =(

Oh well, maybe someone else will grab one and let me know how it sounds.

I didn't get a blackjack, since it is almost identical to my 6 string, and I dont care for its apperance as much as I like the Hellraiser.

King Snarll

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
Damn, its too late for that. I paid for the guitar in full already. No way I can cancel now and get my cash. =(

Yeah, but one to two months? Maybe you can ask them. If anything, at least point out to them that there are other places out that that carry them in stock so they don't putz around with your order. Anyhow, good luck with your new guitar ;)

Rev.

BAUOOOW
Reaction score
Check out my threads with mp3's in them, not the most recent band demo one, but the two from a while ago. I bought a Schecter Hellraiser C7 from drumcityguitarland.com without ever having played one. I thought I was going to be majorly disappointed but nope. It's amazing. I couldn't be any happier with it. It's my "first" seven string and I seriously think I will be getting nothing but 7's from now on. I'll get the links to the two threads of mine with clips of it. Latah.

~006+1

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Jason at DCGL takes care of people, and yeah, he's got nearly all the Schecters in stock. If he doesn't, he will next week.

And you get a free T-shirt. hehe call me a dork, but it's been awhile since I spent a lot of money on a guitar and actually gotten something neat thrown in the box with it.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Tell me about it. They've got a King-V 7-string that was made for Christian from Fear Factory. DAMN I want that guitar!!

Sad part is... I prolly "could" afford it. But I don't need it.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Regor said:
Tell me about it. They've got a King-V 7-string that was made for Christian from Fear Factory. DAMN I want that guitar!!

Sad part is... I prolly "could" afford it. But I don't need it.

I saw that! It does not get more fucking metal than a 7 string K-V. Damn!

rx

Reaction score
too bad christian thinks a reverse headstock does the same thing as a baritone scale length :rolleyes:

he should go back to playing bass :rolleyes:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
rx said:
too bad christian thinks a reverse headstock does the same thing as a baritone scale length :rolleyes:

Does he really believe that?? If so that would be extremely ignorant.

Rev.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
One other strange thing I see on that site. They list a new(?) Schecter Bass called a Dagger. I can find no information on this product anywhere.

Anyone know the deal with this?

King Snarll

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
Does he really believe that?? If so that would be extremely ignorant.

Rev.
yes he does. Cause he's a dumbass thats why.
People who think that shouldnt be allowed to tune down.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
Yeah, but one to two months? Maybe you can ask them. If anything, at least point out to them that there are other places out that that carry them in stock so they don't putz around with your order. Anyhow, good luck with your new guitar ;)

Rev.

I took your advice. I talk to my dealer and they are going to talk to the Schecter distributer Monday. If he cannot get it for me sooner, it sounds like he will refund my deposit. I am awaiting a response from Drum City to confirm that they do have this in stock as well.

Thanks again for the suggestion. :metal:

Snarlly

rx

Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
yes he does. Cause he's a dumbass thats why.
People who think that shouldnt be allowed to tune down.

there was a thread on christian's sig over at the phear phactory phorums and christian was arguing with a couple other forumites about that issue, and he was like "haha trust me, I KNOW the difference, having played both" :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
rx said:
there was a thread on christian's sig over at the phear phactory phorums and christian was arguing with a couple other forumites about that issue, and he was like "haha trust me, I KNOW the difference, having played both" :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember that. He is a total dipshit who clearly knows nothing about the physics of guitar.

Because he's in a band on a record label, we're supposed to "trust" he knows what he's talking about.
:blahblah:

Latest posts

')