Schecter Hellraiser C-7

• Thread starter King Snarll
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DURBANS

Reaction score
Hi guys

Are the C-7 Hellraiser made in the USA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BAUOOOW
Reaction score
No, Korea/Japan, not 100% sure which one tho. But, they are set-up and inspected here in the US, so thats always a plus. Latah.

~006+1

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
006 said:
No, Korea/Japan, not 100% sure which one tho. But, they are set-up and inspected here in the US, so thats always a plus. Latah.

~006+1

I believe all Schecters are made in Korea, unless you get one made out of their California Custom Shop. The quality is really high though. I have always been impressed with their products. Far higher quality that the Jackson I own...

Snarllster

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
The quality is really high though. I have always been impressed with their products. Far higher quality that the Jackson I own...

Yeah, all non custom Schecters are Korean made. As for the Jackson comparison... I can't agree. I've been truly impressed by every Jackson I've ever owned and I've owned a number of them and all consumer market non custom. I'd say that for the cash, yeah Schecter definitely gives you more. But as for quality I'd say their on par with each other.

Rev.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
I believe all Schecters are made in Korea, unless you get one made out of their California Custom Shop. The quality is really high though. I have always been impressed with their products. Far higher quality that the Jackson I own...

Snarllster
Chris Q's was made in the U.S.A. :cool:

FoxMustang

Reaction score
Flobanez said:
That is one sweet JP7.:yesway:I like Bucketbot's better. Better color.:)
Haha, which one? :)

I want one in a light gray/silver color, and Egyptian Smoke seems to be the closest thing they have to that. It does seem to have some sort of OD Green thing going on in the right light. I'd rather have one in Gunsmoke, but that's a discontinued color so it'd be next to impossible to find just what I want. Graphite Pearl is gray, but a very dark gray.

Shannon said:
That's almost exactly what I'd like as well, minus the JP inlays.
Yeah, I'd rather not have the JP inlays, but if it came down to special ordering one and waiting 4-6 months or buying that one right now, I'd rather have that one now (if I were ready to buy right now, which I'm not :rant: ).

rx

Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
Yeah, all non custom Schecters are Korean made. As for the Jackson comparison... I can't agree. I've been truly impressed by every Jackson I've ever owned and I've owned a number of them and all consumer market non custom. I'd say that for the cash, yeah Schecter definitely gives you more. But as for quality I'd say their on par with each other.

Rev.

you're not specifyin which jacksons. you can't possibly say indian jacksons or those japanese performers are better than korean-made schecters!

tonewhore

Double down baby
Reaction score
I have a C-7 Blackjack, never heard of the Hellraiser. I wish I had a bit better access to my upper frets like I do on my RG, but it's a great guitar. It slams with the JB, but I may want something a bit nastier.

BAUOOOW
Reaction score
I own a few USA Jacksons and yeah, the quality is high on Schecters, but there's always just been something that USA made guitars have that imported axe's don't. Can't put my finger on it. Keep in mind as far as quality goes, ESP owns Schecter, and LTD (of course), I have an LTD EC-1000 with the dual EMG's and I have to say that it stacks up pretty close to any of my many Gibson Les Pauls, including my 71 Custom. If you get a high-end Korean/Japanese made guitar, the quality is up there, it's the cheaper models that are really those "you get what you pay for" examples. At least so far has been the case in my experience. You'll love the Hellraiser man, I promise you. I bought one without ever playing it, not once, not even that model. I played the Blackjack C7 and the Schecter rep that I talked to said it's the same damn guitar. I was sold. Latah.

~006+1

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't played one, yet, but I don't see how you can go wrong. Mahogany body and neck with factory installed EMGs. Whew. Sounds deadly to me.

Good luck with the change in order and everything. Hope you're rocking soon!

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
rx said:
you're not specifyin which jacksons. you can't possibly say indian jacksons or those japanese performers are better than korean-made schecters!

Yup, in no way did I want to start a flame war. My Jackson is a super low end model (my first guitar). I think it is called a JS1.

Snarlly

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
Yup, in no way did I want to start a flame war.

Flame war? What flame war? I merely said I don't agree that Schecters are far better in build quality than Jacksons.

And as far as which Jackson model's I'm talking about... I'm talking about price for price equivalents. Take a $600 Schecter and a $600 Jackson and the build *quality* is about the same. I don't find the Schecter build quality is "far" better. That's all I'm saying. No flaming or attitudes at all. I just didn't fully agree with ya.

Rev.

rx

Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
Flame war? What flame war? I merely said I don't agree that Schecters are far better in build quality than Jacksons.

And as far as which Jackson model's I'm talking about... I'm talking about price for price equivalents. Take a $600 Schecter and a $600 Jackson and the build *quality* is about the same. I don't find the Schecter build quality is "far" better. That's all I'm saying. No flaming or attitudes at all. I just didn't fully agree with ya.

Rev.

$600 schecters are C-1 Elites or Classics.......... a jackson at that price range would be...... DKMG? it seems like Jcakson has a huge gap between their mid-range and high-range guitars. what are some $600 jacksons?

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
Some new $600 Jacksons include some of the import dinky models (mostly with EMG-HZ's or duncan designed pickups) ala DXMG, DK2, DKMGT, and DKMG. Some are carved top, some have trems, one model has an EMG afterburner preamp in it.

As far as used go, Jackson are hard to beat for the price, since most don't hold their value incredibly well. You can get an SLSMG used for $600 or $700 with upgraded pickups (how much mine was). I bought a USA made SL2 for $600, and its the same as a USA soloist except for the import trem, Kent Armstrong pickups, and the lack of binding/inlays on the neck. I also just purchased a early 90's Professional Soloist (Japanese made that rivals the quality of the USA made ones at the time, which is why the professional series has been redone) for $550 with EMG's and a case.

What it comes down to is that Schecters in the $600 range are mainly set-neck, carved top, string thru or stop tail piece, mahogany bodied, rosewoord boarded, with Duncan pickups, with some really nice finishes and work. Comparable new Jackson are bolt-ons with trems and DD pickups. Used Jacksons are either Alder or Poplar, with maple necks (either bolt-on or neck-thru) and many models equipped with trems. So both companies have relatively different consumer targets. I have an SLSMG, but I think that when it comes time to get another string-thru 6string, I'm gonna go with a Schecter.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
I forgot to say too....Schecters are INCREDIBLE bang for the buck. They are probably the nicest imports for the money right now.

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:

Rev.

Thats cool. I was just worried that people were or might start taking it personally. I'm a new guy here don't want to piss anyone off...at least not for a week or two. :cool:

Snarllster

King Snarll

Demigod
Reaction score
aldog1330 said:
I forgot to say too....Schecters are INCREDIBLE bang for the buck. They are probably the nicest imports for the money right now.

This I agree to 100%. THere is no greater value than Schecter (other than going with used.) That's why I own two of them. If I were employed I might own more or even better guitars, but thats not possible for me right now.

Snarlly

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
King Snarll said:
Thats cool. I was just worried that people were or might start taking it personally. I'm a new guy here don't want to piss anyone off...at least not for a week or two. :cool:

Heh, nah it's all cool. Like I mentioned, I have a Schecter C-7 and love it. And Schecter definitely gives you a lot more for the cash (set neck, body binding, real Duncan pup's, etc). Workmanship wise they're great as well. I also have a Jackson KE3 and outside of the obvious differences (6 string, bolt on, floating trem) I think it's also a fantastic instrument. They originally were sold with neck binding but Jackson changed the line, probably to cut costs.

Rev.

Latest posts

')