Schecter Hellraiser C-9 Debuted on Schecter's Site

• Thread starter Wings of Obsidian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trem licking

Reaction score
i would venture to say multi-scale is too niche for a market that's already niched out being 9 strings and all... at least that would be my guess. i'm all for every option in the book being available from 9+ strings and 5" fans and whatever else, but it seems companies are cautious and step very slowly into these deep waters. who knows, whenever they do decide to offer multi-scale it could take off but i'm guessing a lot of people would be afraid of it. all that being said, straight scale works fine for 9 strings (my opinion obviously). i would say straight scale would be feasible with 10 strings tuned to G#0 too as long as the bridge has MASSIVE intonation travel as well as the ability to accommodate a huge string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

8StringX

Reaction score
Schecter Hellraiser C-9

It looks like they updated the page for the C-9. They corrected the construction specs and added more pictures and the price. Hopefully the maple neck is not another error.

Reaction score
Schecter Hellraiser C-9

It looks like they updated the page for the C-9. They corrected the construction specs and added more pictures and the price. Hopefully the maple neck is not another error.

Usually they are all mahogany for the Hellraisers, ATX, SLS, etc. Only the Loomis models, Damiens, and other bolt-on have maple necks from what I recall.

So, the neck might still be a fluke on the site. I'm not willing to bet it's mahogany like the other Hellraisers though since all the new 2014 models appear to have maple necks now.

Something that SHOCKS me though...the price of the Hellraiser C-9 is the same as the price of the Hybrid C-1 FR and the Hybrid C-7. Like WTF?...

8StringX

Reaction score
Usually they are all mahogany for the Hellraisers, ATX, SLS, etc. Only the Loomis models, Damiens, and other bolt-on have maple necks from what I recall.

So, the neck might still be a fluke on the site. I'm not willing to bet it's mahogany like the other Hellraisers though since all the new 2014 models appear to have maple necks now.

Something that SHOCKS me though...the price of the Hellraiser C-9 is the same as the price of the Hybrid C-1 FR and the Hybrid C-7. Like WTF?...

I'm hoping the maple neck is real. Personally, I think the brighter tone of maple would be really beneficial for the low c# string.

As for the Hellraiser Hybrids, I think the covered EMGs make them a bit more expensive.

8StringX

Reaction score
Does anyone know when these will be shipping? I got the feeling that they cut it close for NAMM, so I was thinking we might have to wait a while.

Also, is anyone else seriously considering purchasing one? I've been interested in going beyond 8-strings for a while and I'm trying to decide between this, the Ibanez RG9, or waiting until the Agile custom shop reopens to order a fan fretted 10-string.

stuglue

Reaction score
From watching that video its convinced me that for my personal taste 8 strings is enough.
When you listen to him do that run down a pentatonic shape it sounds ok right to a certain point. Low F# is definitely as far as i'd go

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
well, it looks much less unwildly in a video of someone playing it than it does in a picture of it hung on the wall.

I can't see myself going down that low, but it would be nice to see a demo with better tone. It was muddy and shitty sounding even on the higher strings in that video.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
I think if the demand is there they'll just keep adding more strings, "because we can". What kind of reasoning is that?:scratch:

I'd like to see a little more re-engineering happening on the instrument besides making the scale longer and slapping on more strings. The size of the scale and width of the neck, I feel, over time could increase RSI's in the hands/wrists. I guess because I'm old I think of my longevity as a player while maintaining as high a level of technique that I can. What I'm seeing here is making a buck off a trend. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with capitalism but at the expense of my hands? Nope I'll pass until I see a fan and a more ergonomic neck design.

I also have this sinking feeling that just like any other trend the ERG will reach critical mass and the "cool new" music will have 3 string guitars.:lol:

Zado

Reaction score
Nekrobump for some reason

10374029_898386670178145_8904744443901522985_n.jpg

Satin reason

MethDetal

Reaction score
looks way better than the rg9 IMO, but also IMO any 9 string that is not a multiscale is ridiculous.

Zhysick

Reaction score
looks way better than the rg9 IMO, but also IMO any 9 string that is not a multiscale is ridiculous.

Unless you are looking for a "3rd tuning" or something with shorter intervals...

Looks NICE in black satin... But I still think the RG9 is better (price and pickups... well, standard passive route... pickups could be bad but more easy to change) so...

Waiting for a SLS or Hybrid C9... or Banshee 9 multiscale :eek:

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Damn. 9 string schecter would be fun to try out. Just not sure if I could ever make one my 'go to' guitar.

stuglue

Reaction score
Well the dust has settled and ibanez and Schecter are both out in the shops. From what I've seen here, everyone is plumping for the ibanez, haven't any NGD SCHECTER 9 threads

')