Schecter Hellraiser c1 no locking tuners?

• Thread starter K-nizm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

K-nizm

Reaction score
hi i just bought a used schecter Hellraiser c1 and on the seriesnumber i can see it is made in 2008..
But it came with grover tuners,and they look original..but without locking mechanism..what Year did the Hellraiser come with locking tuners? Are there any locking tuners that fit the guitar without drilling a Hole? Prefer to have tuners that is not far from the original so they cover the markes in the paint and not makeing new marks..
Also black chrome is prefered
Edit; sorry,i thought i posted in the standard guitars

Last edited:

rowsi

Reaction score
I think Schecter started in 2009 putting their branded locking tuners on their guitars. My C-1 Blackjack was made in 2009 and has the locking tuners. Can't comment on fitting replacements as the schecter tuners are actually quite good and I didn't see any need to replace them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
Does it have a floyd?

I think they omit locking tuners on the floyds unless I'm mistaken.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Hipshot tuners come with a rail system to install without drilling, here:
https://hipshotproducts.com/collect...ucts/guitar-tuner-upgrade-kits-3-3-headstocks
6k2covershot_800x.jpg

Buy them and return if they don't fit.

K-nizm

Reaction score
No It does not have floyd rose.the tuners feels good but i like to have locking tuners.
Thanks but I know about the hipshot tuners but would it not make markings in the paint with that rail after a while?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Watching, I have a HR V-1 non floyd pre-locking tuners. Or HRV1NFPLT as well.....

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I think Schecter started in 2009 putting their branded locking tuners on their guitars. My C-1 Blackjack was made in 2009 and has the locking tuners. Can't comment on fitting replacements as the schecter tuners are actually quite good and I didn't see any need to replace them.

Yeah late 2000s/early 2010s is when I remember companies leaving Grover tuners and licenesed Floyd Roses in favor of OEM locking tuners and Floyd Rose Specials.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah late 2000s/early 2010s is when I remember companies leaving Grover tuners and licenesed Floyd Roses in favor of OEM locking tuners and Floyd Rose Specials.

Schecter switched to locking OEM tuners in 2009, and in 2010 they switched to Floyd Rose from the OEM and Gotoh units.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
No It does not have floyd rose.the tuners feels good but i like to have locking tuners.
Thanks but I know about the hipshot tuners but would it not make markings in the paint with that rail after a while?

Probably, me personally, I wouldn't care that much if at all. Your best bet then is to find locking versions of the same Grover tuners, where you could use the existing holes. Don't know off hand, you probably need to take some measurements and compare.

K-nizm

Reaction score
Thanks. I`v sent a Mail to grover..so hopefully they have some tuners that fit.

K-nizm

Reaction score
I got Mail from grover and they sey 106bc tuners would fit..gonna order them and test for myself