Schecter Hellraiser C8 Killswitch Mod

SoulBeardGuy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone. After a decade following this community I decided to create a profile and write my first post.

Late 2017, after several years without playing guitar I decided to buy my first ERG, for the lack of availability of Ibanez guitars in Middle East (I was in Dubai back then) I purchased the Schecter Hellraiser C8 which was a much better guitar than I was expecting to buy.

After a few months I decided to mod her, the second volume knob (neck pickup) was always giving me trouble and I never really used it for anything so the tone knob wiring was swaped to this one and the original tone knob was replaced by a killswitch. The cavity had to be slightly routed in order to fit the parts. (All the work done by a local luthier)

Also, the original EM808 were swaped by EMG 808X for a crispier tone with more mids, less muddy that it was taken from another guitar (my next post).

Lemme know your thoughts!

There she is:

Thanks!

Attachments

• schecter-hellraiser-28-killswitch-mod.jpg
    schecter-hellraiser-28-killswitch-mod.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
Not much for kill switches, but that’s a cool guitar. Have been looking at them a lot.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Looks great! The Korean-built Schecter's are fantastic guitars. And growing up loving RATM, of course I love kill switches!