Schecter Hellraiser FR-S [and other 2013 surprises thread]

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Schecter pickups? I have seen them on some of their models and seem to have huge pole pieces!
It depends on the models.The one on japanese schecs are very nice,those loaded on omen and low end series aren t fantastic..not bad either,for a cheap pup

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Forgetting that when Schecter started out making complete instruments in the late 70s, it was really expensive custom-shop stuff.

People harp on about Synyster fucking Gates and forget that Mark Knopfler and Pete Townshend are the reason they're famous at all.

A PT is the only schecter I'd ever get. These are all nice, but I'm hoping for a nicer mid-high end PT that's not ugly.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
^ so much this. They had a hellraiser pt once, i tried really hard to find one, but alas, i couldnt.

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Might have to get that Damien 7 :D Why the fuck does Japan get every good guitar??? We have a WAY bigger population ugh I want that one that looks like a UV with a sustainer haha

Zado

Reaction score
Might have to get that Damien 7 :D Why the fuck does Japan get every good guitar??? We have a WAY bigger population ugh I want that one that looks like a UV with a sustainer haha
Also,the schecter heastock matches great with that body
406803_516523608366793_1194775254_n.jpg

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ If Schecter released this baby again, I'd need nothing else:

1Thumb.jpg

Sadly I think there are some copyright issues involved with Tom Anderson about these guitars (they are after all virtually TA's with a different logo), but if I'm wrong then Schecter have NO excuse for not letting me have this :realmad:

Except 2 more frets... :fawk:

(I kid; I want one too!)

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Banshee? That name is taken!!!

Looks very nice, actually. Now if only the burst on the headstock would be the same colour as the the one on the body instead of a rather yawntastic black. Sharper headstock looks good on it, though.

NeglectedField

Reaction score
ac_go_7_sig.jpg

Y'know, I really don't *get* Japan sometimes. What on earth is the rationale behind that pickup layout?

Zado

Reaction score
ac_go_7_sig.jpg

Y'know, I really don't *get* Japan sometimes. What on earth is the rationale behind that pickup layout?
no idea,really,but with a classic pickup layout it would be amazing,I love the wood choice,the bridge,the pickguard....

480049_523153164370504_1823795108_n.jpg

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
ac_go_7_sig.jpg

It's a sig, so it's probably not designed to have mass appeal. Japanese rock guitarists tend to be less conservative about gear than what we're used to in the west. Lots of singlecoils, p-90's and weird placements.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Also,the schecter heastock matches great with that body
406803_516523608366793_1194775254_n.jpg

Dear Schecter Japan.

Please make these as KAZ's signature sevens, or at least give him a signature seven. Sure they're basically Universe copies but the man deserves a sig already! :pray:

NeglectedField

Reaction score
It's a sig, so it's probably not designed to have mass appeal. Japanese rock guitarists tend to be less conservative about gear than what we're used to in the west. Lots of singlecoils, p-90's and weird placements.

Definitely would seem to be for the hell of it though, rather than for any real tonal advantages...

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely would seem to be for the hell of it though, rather than for any real tonal advantages...

Well you would think that if you're stuck with the idea that bridge and neck pickups are the only sounds a guitar should be able to make and that the few conventional tones that 99% of modern rock/metal guitarists use are as good as it's gonna get. Most people think that.

Of course there are tonal advantages to putting a specific pickup in a specific place. The advantage is that it will sound a specific way. Seems like what the guitarist has tried to do here is to make a compromise between a Tele sound and a dual/triple humbucker guitar. I'd be interested to try it just to play around with the middle pickups and see what they sound like.

Zado

Reaction score
Very very nice indeed.The bridge,the new shape,the layout control are indeed great.

image.jpghttp:

image.jpg

These are great too
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

plus something not very new,but maybe unknown to many,or not being posted (at least,not i don't remember so)

Demon series c-1 /c-7 goes also white
image.jpg

and red no binding
image.jpg

C-1 professional (not really 2013)
image.jpg

c-1 special
image.jpg

avaiable with black or white matching headstock.

Without inlay and with maple fingerboard this could have been the guitar of the year.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I wonder what price bracket the Demon series is going to be in... Looks like a stripped-down Damien Elite.

Jason_Clement

Reaction score
Those ones with offset dots: all they need to do is make them in 7 strings and Schecter wins the market.

At least, they'd win my heart <3

')