Schecter Jeff Loomis 7FR 2014

Cobhc221

Reaction score
Has anyone played the Renewed Loomis model?

im curious whether to buy it over a banshee 7.

i like unfinished necks and my band is going to be getting into tunings below G# standard...so i need a 7 thats in a 26.5 scale.

all info on both these guitars would be nice thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noobstix

Reaction score
I played a floyd version at Andertons in Guildford UK. The setup was out of the box so take this with a pinch of salt... It sounded awesome, the 57-7 was really clear. But it didn't feel like a premium guitar, maybe because I am slightly biased against Schecter but again, it was straight out of the box.

Der JD

Reaction score
I just received the new Loomis model (hardtail version) 3 days ago. I'm planning on doing a NGD on it but just haven't had time yet. It's an insanely nice guitar. The pickups are incredible (and I've never been an EMG guy). The stainless frets are super smooth for bends and vibrato. The neck is thin but still has a nice round shape to it. Very comfortable and sounds great.

Personally, in terms of quality I'd rank it even higher than the Ibanez Prestige models I've tried. Mine was set up really nicely. Only thing I had to do was a small truss rod adjustment (had just a touch too much relief for my taste).

I haven't played a Banshee but I think it would be hard to go wrong with either one. The specs are considerably different between the two so I'd recommend comparing the specs on Schecter's website to determine which one you'd prefer.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I've played a couple of these over at nicks (The Axe Palace)
and if I needed another 7 this would be high on my list.
the necks on these new ones (IMO) are way nicer than the originals.
I almost took a black floyded one home with me (Victor Nicks tech) had done a real nice setup on it and it played really well.

')