Schecter Jeff Loomis vs. ESP LTD H-1007

Schecter Jeff Loomis vs. ESP LTD H-1007

• Total voters

Chug Chug

Reaction score
An open poll everyone. Will help me chose my first 7, since I love both of these guitars equally! :metal: Please vote! :hbang:

- Schecter Jeff Loomis NT
(Black satin finish - Fixed bridge - EMG 707 (B) / 707 (N) - 26.5 scale - Ash body - Maple neck - Maple fingerboard - 24 XJ Frets)

- ESP LTD H-1007
(See-thru black - fixed bridge - EMG 81-7 (B) / 707 (N) - 25.5 scale - Mahogany Body - Maple neck - Rosewood fingerboard - 24 XJ Frets)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

itsDGfool

Reaction score
I had this same problem last year... I went with the Loomis. Looks sexy as hell, and i preferred the tone of the ash/maple versus the mahogany/rosewood.

Chug Chug

Reaction score
Here are the images for these two precious guitars:

Attachments

• Schecter DIAMOND SERIES Jeff Loomis Non Tremolo NEW! Black Satin finish 2010 7-String Electric G.jpg
    Schecter DIAMOND SERIES Jeff Loomis Non Tremolo NEW! Black Satin finish 2010 7-String Electric G.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 75
  • LTD DELUXE SERIES H-1007 See Thru Black 2011 7-String Electric Guitar - 799.jpg
    LTD DELUXE SERIES H-1007 See Thru Black 2011 7-String Electric Guitar - 799.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 6388515953_50b3a5ee4a_b.jpg
    6388515953_50b3a5ee4a_b.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 1600-JLFRSBK_detail2.jpg
    1600-JLFRSBK_detail2.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 39

Symb0lic

Death Metal fanboy
Reaction score
I would go with the Loomis.
Longer scale length is the only thing that's definitely better, the rest is just preference.
I prefer the look of it to the death-by-abalone stylings of the LTD, and also prefer the ash/maple combo. I find mahogany and rosewood a little dark in some guitars.

Pyrocario

Reaction score
I like the LTD more than the Schecter, but I've never really liked Schecter. Never made me go "wow this is awesome" (out of the ones I've played). Schecters are still built solid though.

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
Both solid guitars and I had the same dilema. Went for the H-1007FR and it's truly amazing. At the end of the day they are very similar guitars, I just preferred the LTD.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
It would come down to which bothers you the least: Hideous inlays, or a hideous headstock. Tough call. I suppose the scale length difference becomes the most import factor then, if you want the teensy bit of extra tension an extra inch affords you.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
It would come down to which bothers you the least: Hideous inlays, or a hideous headstock. Tough call. I suppose the scale length difference becomes the most import factor then, if you want the teensy bit of extra tension an extra inch affords you.

I actually like the LTDs headstock.. the inlays on the loomis though... bleh..

I think it mostly depends on whether you like the thicker neck of the schecter or the sexy medium-slim neck of the LTD. Which is all personal preference.

Zado

Reaction score
Why does everyone find the new LTD headstock so lame?:scratch:

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Get the LTD, it doesn't have maple fretboard and abalone.
The headstock is awesome for me.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Honestly they're so similar I would just get whatever one you can find the cheapest.

kris_jammage

Reaction score
I would personally go with the LTD. Reasons? -

It looks better.
Has an EMG81-7 instead of the 707 in the bridge position.
I find the neck more comfortable.
No stupid inlays.
Lovely lovely binding!

SomeSevenstringer

Reaction score
Grab the Loomis. As stated already the scale length is better, the Ash and Maple combo is freaking awesome. I am not really and EMG fan but the 707's and wood combo of the Loomis work well together.

I think Schecter could have done something better with the 12th fret inlay but the rest is good to go.:metal:

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
They're both extremely similar, except the woods and color. However that isn't that important if you decide on keeping the active pickups.
Personally, i'd go with the H1007

tripguitar

Settler of Catan
Reaction score
minus the headstock i like the way the 1007 looks better than the loomis...

BUTTTT.....

for me, scale length is important... so i would go loomis.

')