Schecter John Browne signature?

BlueTrident

Reaction score
I came across this video from John Browne’s Riffhard channel where they recently posted a playthrough video. Only the thing is, he’s not playing his Mayones signature but a Schecter that looks a lot like his Duvell signature…

Looks like Schecter is swinging hard in the prog genre…

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Feels like a downgrade to me, tbh. I remember trying one Mayones in a store back in the day and was blown away how good a guitar can feel. First the dude from Intervals and now this dude. Guess Schecter actually gives them free guitars instead of some shitty "x% off" deal. :lol:

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Probably a better deal for the artist, can't say I blame him. Also the wmi version of his sif should sell pretty well.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think folks are getting way to ahead of themselves. He only played that guitar in 1 video. Did another video around the same time for Riffhard and is playing his Mayones signature. This might just be a guitar he has in his collection.

Zado

Reaction score
I think folks are getting way to ahead of themselves. He only played that guitar in 1 video. Did another video around the same time for Riffhard and is playing his Mayones signature. This might just be a guitar he has in his collection.

There are some vids where he's playing the guitar really, and as you can see the guitar is an import/diamond series
IMG-20221101-162626.jpg

Now, if he was playing a custom usa model I'd agree with you, but I find hard to believe Schecter made him a one-off import model just because, without any mean to make in into future production model. And I'm not saying cause I want to believe he's gonna be a Schecter artist, I don't even know who the guy is (and I'm not fan of the guitar either).

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There are some vids where he's playing the guitar really, and as you can see the guitar is an import/diamond series
IMG-20221101-162626.jpg

Now, if he was playing a custom usa model I'd agree with you, but I find hard to believe Schecter made him a one-off import model just because, without any mean to make in into future production model. And I'm not saying cause I want to believe he's gonna be a Schecter artist, I don't even know who the guy is (and I'm not fan of the guitar either).
Honestly cannot tell he's playing an import model. I don't know the tell signs with Schecters sadly to see the difference between import and USA

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
that gothic logo is used on imports only
Ah. Also now seeing a post a moment ago from John on social media when someone asked about the guitar, I'm basically eating my words. Now my curiousity is peaked.

BlueTrident

Reaction score
I’m also verrrry interested in what the pickups are seeing as he’s been using Bare Knuckles for a good long while. Must be Schecter USA pickups just like Aaron Marshall?

Zado

Reaction score
I’m also verrrry interested in what the pickups are seeing as he’s been using Bare Knuckles for a good long while. Must be Schecter USA pickups just like Aaron Marshall?

Might be. Or Lundgrens, the other flavour of the month along with Fishmans.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
He seemed to hint on Insta that it wasn't a one off guitar that he had to use for a video, so may be a sig line similar to Aaron's. Not sure what that means for his Mayo's.

I initially thought it was a variant of a Keith Merrow. Interested to see how this pans out.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
He did a video a while ago where he tried a Schecter Banshee Mach 7 and was quite impressed with it. The guitar he plays in that video could easily be based on that experience. The finish even looks similar to the "fallout burst" finish on the Mach 7. The pickups could easily be Lundgren's too, again like the Mach 7.

To bad he's not a floyd man. I prefer floydrose equipped guitars :)

lewis

Reaction score
Worlds economy is crumbling and parts of the world are in a right mess. UK for example will be entering a recession. How many people can afford 4K Mayones ?

Probably helpful moving to shecter as I imagine way more will sell because of a more affordable price?

Latest posts

')