Schecter John Browne signature?

Northfall

Established Djentleman
Reaction score
@Northfall What is it that you think differentiates these pickups from the Moderns in the Boden NX8?
Well passives vs actives for one. Maybe that seems a bit "hurr durr", but for me now, I played for nearly 10 years w/ EMGs and really am sick of all actives because of it. I don't hold on to active pickup guitars for long at all, because I don't like how they respond to the guitar as much. It seems like a silly insinuation to make, but I do a lot more bedroom guitar playing where I can only hear my own instrument, so i'm a lot more attuned to a detail such as that.

Is the low end *that* much more defined on these Schecter USA pickups? is it something in the low mids making the Moderns a bit boxy or tubby comparatively? also curious to know what gauges you're rocking in Eb.
Personally I felt like the Moderns did not allow for a Drop Eb bar chord to come in clear - it was a lot more muddied and I believe that had to do with the higher output. And I'll add that that is even further more surprising due to the Boden having a longer multiscale neck than the Tao. Even when using the other voicings to try to tame it down, it just didn't have a tone that suited my taste.

For now I'm using the factory strings that came with the guitar, they're still fresh for now and feel solid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwguitar

Reaction score
I came across this video from John Browne’s Riffhard channel where they recently posted a playthrough video. Only the thing is, he’s not playing his Mayones signature but a Schecter that looks a lot like his Duvell signature…

Looks like Schecter is swinging hard in the prog genre…

The Schecter John Browne guitars seem to be really high quality. They certainly have a lot of cool specs.

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve had my eye on this guitar ever since it came out and will probably pull the trigger on it soon, I just can’t decide between a 6 or a 7

HeadlessHou

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Tried it at a store near me. Sadly the high gain amp was being used by another dude and I was rushing so I had to test drive this through some random amp's crunch channel - can't review the pickups but overall quality and playability is 👍. Not super excited about the veneer on this particular piece though, similar to what others have mentioned

Last edited:

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Tried it at a store near me. Sadly the high gain amp was being used by another dude and I was rushing so I had to test drive this through some random amp's crunch channel - can't review the pickups but overall quality and playability is 👍. Not super excited about the veneer on this particular piece though, similar to what others have mentioned

Man that’s such an awesome looking guitar, I need to just bite the bullet and order it already

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
John has been posting about and teasing the original version with the faded top recently, hopefully we’ll see an official release in the future

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
John has been posting about and teasing the original version with the faded top recently, hopefully we’ll see an official release in the future

I was more hyped on the solid color top when it looked like the veneers might pop more. After seeing them, I think the fade/burst would help them out a lot without tacking on much to the price on their end.

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was more hyped on the solid color top when it looked like the veneers might pop more. After seeing them, I think the fade/burst would help them out a lot without tacking on much to the price on their end.

Agreed, the solid veneer definitely doesn’t look bad by any means, but the fade makes it look much more expensive without actually adding much onto the price, I think releasing it officially would be a good move

HylianN

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did any one else see this?! Looks way better than the flamed maple veneer. Announcement this week apparently.

Attachments

• jbsc.jpg
    jbsc.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 98
  • sch2jb.jpg
    sch2jb.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 96

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
Did any one else see this?! Looks way better than the flamed maple veneer. Announcement this week apparently.

Hopefully there's an announcement about availability soon. I'm in the queue for the next Tao-7 shipment. I prefer this over the purple.

Last edited:

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
First shipment goes to Schecter in January. These are the prototype ones because the purple one is sold out for quite some time….I.e I couldn’t get hold of any for the US tour!
Hopefully there's an announcement about availability soon. I'm in the queue for the next Tao-7 shipment. I prefer this over the purple.

')